• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 behind a pickup

dirtyfingernails

Could someone post a photo of an M1102 behind a civy pickup truck? I am contemplating buying one of these trailers and want to see if it's a practical trailer for a 3/4 ton truck. These are shorter right? Do they tow well? Last question. Are these beginning to be released to the public in large numbers now? The one I want to buy is being sold for $800. Is this fair? It's missing the stands, the e-brake handles are bent, the brake reservoir is full of water, and the front corner is a little pooched. Thanks.
DFN

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the M1101/2 series are great behind 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickups. For the damage you describe, I'd keep looking, unless you can haggle down the price a few hundred dollars.

mdmorganwife

We are going to pick one up tomorrow with our Dodge Ram 2500, I'll take pics. I feel it is more practical than either the M105 or the M101 because it is lighter than the M105 with almost the same payload capacity and it has surge brakes, and I feel it is better than the M101 cause it weighs about the same, is bigger and has a higher payload capacity. Price wise we got ours from GL for a grand total of $529.65 and it looks new, and has everything that it is supposed to (Bows, tarp, stablizer legs). Hope my 2cents helps:D

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch the GL auctions. I've seen some really nice ones go for very good prices. Someone near me has one for sale that appears to be in almost NOS condition. He wants $3,000.00 for it!

3dAngus

Fantastic behind a pickup, or, at least a newer one. The trailer has HMMWV tires and extends out the sides about 3" on either side of my Chevy Z-71, but older trucks might be narrower, cutting off some visibility. Mine is fine. They track my truck tires perfectly, so pulling in the tight turns at Burger King with curbs on both sides is no problem. I'll take a picture of it behind my pickup on Friday when I pick up my next one if no one else post a pic for ya.

My biggest concern for the trailer you're looking at is the water in the brake line. How did it get there, and what damage will it cause. The owner should flush the system and put in new brake fluid, where Dot 5 isn't cheap. The rest of it is cosmetic, but you will probably have a long wait to find an exacting stand like that. I'm missing one (front landing one) off of my existing one as well.
You're not going to get it for $500, but might work a hundred or two off of it at best.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are going to pick one up tomorrow with our Dodge Ram 2500, I'll take pics. I feel it is more practical than either the M105 or the M101 because it is lighter than the M105 with almost the same payload capacity and it has surge brakes, and I feel it is better than the M101 cause it weighs about the same, is bigger and has a higher payload capacity. Price wise we got ours from GL for a grand total of $529.65 and it looks new, and has everything that it is supposed to (Bows, tarp, stablizer legs). Hope my 2cents helps:D
Midmorgan make sure you get your M1102 and not mine when you are down on the lot :jumpin:

I am going to get mine on Tuesday next week. These look like they are in awesome shape with all the components.

Take Pictures
Take Pictures

mdmorganwife

Midmorgan make sure you get your M1102 and not mine when you are down on the lot :jumpin:

I am going to get mine on Tuesday next week. These look like they are in awesome shape with all the components.

Take Pictures
Take Pictures
What was your lot number, if I can I will look real quick at yours.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just so you know, if you get one with bows and a cover, you will not be able to see anything behind you. They are wider than the truck. I have recovered some and don't like them for that reason. I have a full size GMC pickup.

With out a cover they are great!

mdmorganwife

Just so you know, if you get one with bows and a cover, you will not be able to see anything behind you. They are wider than the truck. I have recovered some and don't like them for that reason. I have a full size GMC pickup.

With out a cover they are great!
This is where the Dodge rocks, my mirrors flip out:driver:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Pics as promised. Pulled great, so much better than either the M105 OR M101. Had to take the tarp off cause some of the hooks are broke and we didn't want it flapping, plus to cut down on fuel use. Track width is 1/2" narrower than the truck but my tires stick out further than stock. Overall we are very happy with this trailer.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is sweet! I did not know the bows came out that easy and it looks like the supports are left on the trailer. That is a nice feature. Thank you pictures it looks like for your truck and hitch extension the trailer is perfect!

Did you see mine?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
That is sweet! I did not know the bows came out that easy and it looks like the supports are left on the trailer. That is a nice feature. Thank you pictures it looks like for your truck and hitch extension the trailer is perfect!

Did you see mine?

pics of yours.

Attachments

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
nevermind, she took pics of the wrong one, those are pics of lot 6767 she misread the #. sorry didn't look at yours then.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG I was so worried and double checking my numbers. Thank you for the heart attack relief.

Glad you got home safety and your trailer looks awesome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks