• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Purchase Experience

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
These are USMC 1123's. We got them straight from them. They had to be demilled which leaves them without tops. At that point we partnered with a company to outfit them for us with the doors and tops etc.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But, it is still a 10.3k truck with an NA motor...
so...it's also a newer GEP motor with a lot more Useable HP and torque then the detuned 6.5.
plus 4L80E...and they are 12k rotors, HS and geared hubs. Just look for the brake rotor protection.
dead giveaway to 12k setup. You couldn't build that truck for 41k if you paid someone.
look at the pics...the chassis is 12k.

avman

I just picked up my M1123 yesterday. Overall pleased with the purchase and it was interesting to see the pick up site. The only issue I have is I wanted the GEP engine which GP said it had. It has a GM engine. They have about 75 M1123 in varies conditions.

I do have a question about my M1123. Is it best to change the springs out more towards a M998 since it is not hauling all the weight of the armor?

BadRobot

I just picked up my M1123 yesterday. Overall pleased with the purchase and it was interesting to see the pick up site. The only issue I have is I wanted the GEP engine which GP said it had. It has a GM engine. They have about 75 M1123 in varies conditions.

I do have a question about my M1123. Is it best to change the springs out more towards a M998 since it is not hauling all the weight of the armor?
Congratulation.

Please post some pictures if you can. What configuration did you get, 4-door or 2-doors?

Thank you for sharing.

ClarkeF

Original post had bad advice - I was thinking 12K truck, not 10K. As Greg and Steve point out below it's a 10K truck and if it already had the variable rate springs you are good to go.

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1123 is a 10.3k truck, and has same springs in rear as : M998a1, 1038, 998a2, etc..... Per Tm 9-2320-280-24p , fig 192...code NNN is 1123.
You S/B good as is.
You should have the stamped steel rear spring seat....the variable rate springs don't fit those.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those trucks went through reset. A lot of these trucks had the suspension upgraded to upper and lower control arms, ball joints, new springs,shocks, pittman and idler...etc. I have had those kits, they include variable rate rear springs and casted rear upper spring porches.

avman

IMG_3080[1].jpgThis had the MAK upgrade and it states the springs were upgraded. To what, I don't know. I know the armor would have weighted a good bit.

One other issue I am dealing with is that GP stated this had a GEP engine in it. It is just a 506 block with no diamond markings.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the cast date code behind right head on block.
GEP's were from 2001 and above.
example : 06 10 j would be june 10 2002
GM date codes : letter first is month, the 2 digits is day/month, last digit is year

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks