• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m116 A2 trailer

flyfishrelease

Anyone renforce the roof with plywood or equivalent. I'm thinking to stiffen the roof to prevent the tarp from sagging with rain water or snow.

mep 003a
m116 A2

Last edited:

KsM715

Ive seen several trailers that way. Just make sure to round off the edges and corners or it will wear thru rather quik.

OLDCHEV4X4

I bolted down 5 pieces of 3/4" lath with some 1/4" flat head screws. The water still pools a little. Next time I will use 6 or 7 pieces. I rounded all the corners generously with the belt sander.
I knew it was still a problem when I saw birds using it as a bird bath.

flyfishrelease

Thanks, slats is a good idea. I think plywood will rot faster, maybe down the road when the tarp is no good, a more durable roof with plywood covered with something like ice melt roofing is the way. Don't plan to haul the gen. anywhere so a more durable roof might be a solution.

Happyland1410

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have tarps, both on the 116 & 101's. I took a 2x6 and cut small notches in it @ the bows, a small 45* angle on the top outside corners, and turn that on edge, between the tarp and bows. I just leave it there. It keeps the puddles out and is roadworthy.

simpleserf

The gentleman I bought my m116a2 from used a 4x8 sheet of pink foam insulation with the edges rounded. I didn't take this piece due to the size of it vs the size of my shortbox f-150.

quickfarms

I have not found a tarp for my m116a2 yet so I used polycarbonate corrugated roofing panels to provide some protection for now. You would probably need some type of trim on the front and back edges to protect the tarp but this should provide support and would not rot.

Here is a link to my thread with more details:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxiliary-equipment/93718-mep-002a-m116a2-cover.html#post1200663
That is nice

Paint it OD and make canvas side flaps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks