• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1165A1 Hmmwv

gunboy1656

I would be cautious of buying it, cause I bet there was some stipulations set up about reselling it. You might find yourself out of a LOT of money. There is also a digital camo truck for sale from them through that sight as well.

Darwin T

it was purchased by a military contractor (probably from the factory) and probably never owned by the military. i bet thats why an 08 aromored hummv is for sale to the public. great, now i have to start raiding water fountians (again) to get it. :twisted:

Chief_919

Very cool but I'm suprised they'd be allowed to sell it to the general public with the armor installed.
It looks like it was never government property, but purchased by some contractor from AM General to test and show off their goods. Therefore aside from export restrictions there should be zero issues owning it.

Haasino

It looks like it was never government property, but purchased by some contractor from AM General to test and show off their goods. Therefore aside from export restrictions there should be zero issues owning it.
Since the data plate seems to be missing the "US PROPERTY" label at the bottom, I think you're right. My question is: since there's obviously no SF-97, I wonder what kind of paperwork it comes with?

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the data plate seems to be missing the "US PROPERTY" label at the bottom, I think you're right. My question is: since there's obviously no SF-97, I wonder what kind of paperwork it comes with?

i would assume he has a title for it since there is a license plate on the back.

HMMWV13

It would definitely be nice to have but I am suprised that it can be sold at all. AM General is very picky about giving up control. In the past, defense companies could purchase or lease them but never truly own them. You have to put up a bond to insure they are returned or crushed. AM General buys them back on a pro-rated basis.

This could be legite but you might want to check before you find out the DoD or AM General has some claim to it.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

I am betting pulled, most of the stuff he sells has the red sale sign on it for a couple days before he removes them.

Or even sale pending, but when I looked earlier it was there and no sale pending or sold on it.