• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 ideas and worth

jimbo913

Thinking of taking my MEP-803A off the M116A3 trailer which leaves me with a trailer that I am unsure what to do with. It is very nice so I hate to see it sit.

What are these typically worth when sold?

What else can you do with them?

Last edited:

maxtor

I turned one of our M116a3 trailers into a wood hauling trailer. The other I modified to pull behind our Jeep for carrying water, fuel, supplies, tent, misc.

Some use them to haul water barrels.

Unless you find someone who has a need, they are difficult to sell.

Last edited:

lfhoward

I am in the process of making an off-road camper out of my M116A3. It's a great platform to build something on.

I got it for $500 at auction plus fees, taxes, registration, etc. That could give you some idea of its worth, although I have seen them posted on Craigslist and Ebay for much more than that.

Last edited:

jimbo913

IMG_3943.jpg

Here is a photo. Looks like if the rails and front box were taken off it would not take much to make it a flat deck.

jimbo913

Not a 116? Thats strange because the paperwork is in the toolbox and it says its a 116 and the serial number matches the id plate.

KsM715

What does it say on the data plate? Maybe they still use m116 for the flat bed trailer but I would think in that configuration it would have to be M116a4. Don't those 1101/02 trailers have torsion bar suspension? Or are they still leaf springs.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I too was under the impression it was a m116a3
But now, after looking around, they have just grouped them in with the other names.
http://www.schuttindustries.com/Military/Trailers/Light-Tactical/LTT-TQG-NAME.aspx

Mine was at first known as M116A3 High-Mobility. I now see it would be a M1102
The trailer is torsion axle, has HMMWV tires and rims (run flats) high ground clearance, and is totally made from aluminum.

I just finished doing my lights on my trailer. Strange, I was ready to do and follow all the light bulb changes and stuff. I cut off the mil plug, wired in a RV 7-way, and everything works. Well, I mean, trailer marker lights, left and right turn signals, and brake lights. I did not change any bulbs.

OH, I am not sure if they are using a different wire, but the thing barely fit into the back end of the 7-way plug.
trailer wire.jpg7way plug.jpg
Trailer plate
M1102 Trailer plate.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks