• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 ideas and worth

jimbo913

Thinking of taking my MEP-803A off the M116A3 trailer which leaves me with a trailer that I am unsure what to do with. It is very nice so I hate to see it sit.

What are these typically worth when sold?

What else can you do with them?

Last edited:

maxtor

I turned one of our M116a3 trailers into a wood hauling trailer. The other I modified to pull behind our Jeep for carrying water, fuel, supplies, tent, misc.

Some use them to haul water barrels.

Unless you find someone who has a need, they are difficult to sell.

Last edited:

lfhoward

I am in the process of making an off-road camper out of my M116A3. It's a great platform to build something on.

I got it for $500 at auction plus fees, taxes, registration, etc. That could give you some idea of its worth, although I have seen them posted on Craigslist and Ebay for much more than that.

Last edited:

jimbo913

IMG_3943.jpg

Here is a photo. Looks like if the rails and front box were taken off it would not take much to make it a flat deck.

jimbo913

Not a 116? Thats strange because the paperwork is in the toolbox and it says its a 116 and the serial number matches the id plate.

KsM715

What does it say on the data plate? Maybe they still use m116 for the flat bed trailer but I would think in that configuration it would have to be M116a4. Don't those 1101/02 trailers have torsion bar suspension? Or are they still leaf springs.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I too was under the impression it was a m116a3
But now, after looking around, they have just grouped them in with the other names.
http://www.schuttindustries.com/Military/Trailers/Light-Tactical/LTT-TQG-NAME.aspx

Mine was at first known as M116A3 High-Mobility. I now see it would be a M1102
The trailer is torsion axle, has HMMWV tires and rims (run flats) high ground clearance, and is totally made from aluminum.

I just finished doing my lights on my trailer. Strange, I was ready to do and follow all the light bulb changes and stuff. I cut off the mil plug, wired in a RV 7-way, and everything works. Well, I mean, trailer marker lights, left and right turn signals, and brake lights. I did not change any bulbs.

OH, I am not sure if they are using a different wire, but the thing barely fit into the back end of the 7-way plug.
trailer wire.jpg7way plug.jpg
Trailer plate
M1102 Trailer plate.jpg

Last edited: