• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M125 Wrecker has a new home!!!

houdel

Re: RE: Re: RE: M125 Wrecker has a new home!!!

Melvinitis said:
when you do paint it... I hope you re paint the name back on the hood, "bad a**", even if you paint in in black, it is the prefect name for the beast.

I see High Point used their own truck... that is interesting, wonder what they did for a return load.
Yes, it will be renamed "Bad A** Beast".

As I recall, the Highpoint driver mentioned he had a return load not too far away.

houdel

Made Good Use of the M125 Wrecker Today!

Well I finally got to make good use of my M125 wrecker today. There was a good sized tree near the front of the still under construction Green Machine Motel, which my concrete contractor decided would interfere with my approach ramp and needed to be removed.

I figured the best way to get the stump out was for him to cut the tree off about 6'-8' up and use the wrecker to pull the stump out. My contractor uses wood heat in his home so he was glad to cut the tree down, plus he was curious to see if the crane could pull the stump out.

So he cut the tree off as far up as he could using my 6' stepladder (to give me extra leverage to work on the stump), moved the tree out of the way with his skid steer, and the M125 sprang into action. BTW, my contractors 3 year old Stihl chainsaw wouldn't keep running, so he had to use my 36 year old McCullough chainsaw to get the job done!

Everything went pretty much according to plan, except for when I had the crane raised and was using the winch to pull the stump straight up. I didn't figure the stump would take too much effort to pull out, so I didn't bother to set up the outriggers. Just as the stump was starting to come out of the ground, I felt the rear end of the truck squat. I figured it was just the suspension compressing. In actuality, I was the front end of the truck raising some 2'-3' off the ground! My photographer was so shocked she failed to get a picture of the front end of the truck up in the air. It was only up there for a second or so as the stump gave way and everything returned to normal. BTW, the stump measured 13" in diameter.

Enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

madsam

That is cool. Don't you kike these things. Now that I have one,I can't imaging life with out it. It would have been a cool pic with the front in the air though..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
vtdeucedriver said:
Kenny...............maybe if you water it, it will grow and you can move up to the big boy club:)
Not sure I want or need any bigger. I use this thing all the time and fill the tank every 2 months wether it needs fuel or not. I can lift the brake drums too!

houdel

Re: RE: Re: RE: M125 Wrecker has a new home!!!

Miamirex said:
That truck is awesome, thank you for the pics, still looking at it in awe.....fuel bill is painful
Fortunately for me, the engine has a slight skip at road speed, so I have only driven it about 10 miles so far - about $20 worth of gas!

I did buy a complete, never used, NOS distributor assembly (distributor, cap, coil, rotor, points, condenser, etc.) last night off Ebay for $200! A rare find, and all the data plate numbers match the numbers from the parts manual.

I even have an old oscilloscope style engine analyzer from the 70's when I used to turn wrenches for a living. I never thought I'd get to use it again. I'll just have to figure out how to hook it up to the military wiring.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Houdel, Really looks great. Going to have to watch and see where its going to show up to get an up close look, I'll ask a buddy who seemas to be able to come up with almost amazing tire prices what is available. He just ordered me a couple sets of 7.00 x 16's for 25.00 a piece (new) the 80/90 percent tread were 20.00 each, and a set of 9.00 x 16's for one of the ambulances were 60.00 each. So we'll see what they might have for you. My understanding is a frien of mine from Hastings is coming down to the Findlay, Ohio show, he could bring them back for you or the could be shipped direct as far as that goes. They come out of somewhere south of Ohio, that much I know. You ever decide to get it a new home, keep me on the list OK. Pat

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might aughta have ta send you a contribution of some kind for fuel to help get it to the Clare show. Was planning on being there, and it gives me another reason to go. Really want to see that rig.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks