• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M125 Wrecker is MINE!!!

houdel

YES I GOT IT!!! The Highpoint M125 truck with a M816 wrecker body is MINE! I gave the guy a deposit today, he is going to truck it out here for $3K, I should have it early next week!

Its probably going to take me the good part of the summer to repaint it OD, maybe even 3 color camo. I realize the camo paint job may not be technically correct for a 1957 M125, but neither is the wrecker body either.

I just can't wait to cruise the local highways and byways at a whopping 42 MPH!

Attachments

houdel

RE: nice

According to Doyle, it is powered with a Le Roi TH 844 V-8 gas engine. The trans and transfer case are non synchro so it should take a bit of practice to drive smoothly. Tires are 14:00-24, axle ratios in the 10-something to 1 range. Top speed is 42 mph!

It has 45K front and rear drag winches. The original PTO front winch was replaced with a hydraulic winch as the PTO was rerouted to drive the M816 hydraulics.

Volunteers to help sand and repaint will be greatly welcomed!

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, OD green with envy, it was my understanding that there were a couple 10 ton wreckers built, maybe I'm mistaken, we didn't get to play with that stuff much in the Navy, maybe thats why now when I see an "old soldier" that needs a home, it finds one, (there are 10 here now, with two more on the way from Mich. But you EVER decide that "beastie" needs another place to live, let me know. Pat

houdel

ida34 said:
Lee, Do you get the genset with it too?
Yes, a DIESEL generator no less, seller thought about 6500 watts but wasn't certain. That will probably come off and be a standby for the house!

bugei

i think you can pay that bad boy off at $5.00 a ride at the next mv event.
maybe an extra $10.00 to lift something little like a humvee or a jeep, probably even a pinto.

Cdub

Re: RE: nice

houdel said:
Volunteers to help sand and repaint will be greatly welcomed!

Me....Me...Me.........I'll do it.........!!!

Anything to get a chance to work on that BIG IRON........!!

Congrats and best of luck,

C'dub

joec

RE: Re: RE: nice

The later version had a 903 cummins v-8 300+hp All Mack DrivetraiN. You had to pull the engine to change the clutch. Big Truck...BIG

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter

good luck on your newest toy. glad you are going to repaint it that is a pretty color but not befitting a super nice 10ton Tim

houdel

Capt.Marion said:
Dang. You'll need a new property to park that on.
I have 25 acres, I think thats enough room. Probably need quite a bit of it to turn the beast though!

DanMartin said:
Please take lots of pics of that beast...I want to see it from every possible angle. I'm very interested in seeing that big gasser engine!
Will do. I'll start a new thread when it gets here, and start off with a pic of the beast parked next to the Deuce for a size comparison. BTW, did you catch the one pic on the M125 thread with a woman standing off to the side of the M125? The top of the bumper looked to be about shoulder height on her!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks