• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M127 from PA to VA?

TheBuggyman

Just won a bid on a M127 flatbed in Chambersburg, PA that needs to get to Fredericksburg, VA. I just sent in the EUC app. this morning and it is my first so it will take a while. I also won a M818 but I'm not to keen on flat towing the tractor AND the trailer with my M813. Does the trailer use an oversize kingpin or can a civilian semi truck pull it?

Anyone that can help pick up and deliver/store the trailer until I get the M818 running please let me know. I am about four hours south of Chambersburg, FYI.

How do you go about setting it up so that someone else can pick up your items?

This does not need to be a charity event either! 8)

Thanks fellas!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again, you are welcome to borrow my M818 (it is at Winslow's place in NC). Go and pick up your trailer with the tractor on it.

therbert

Hey, You are right on the way back to my place. I have a non running m35a2 to pickup. I got a quote for shipping, but since you are so close to 81 we may be able to work something out.. Would you have room to store a truck for a month or so?

Thanks

TheBuggyman

Re: RE: M127 from PA to VA?

citizensoldier said:
How bad of shape is the M818 in? heck you might be able to get it running put your car on the M127 and drive the whole thing home? Got pics of the one you won?..
It looks pretty good. I'd be worried to go all that way and not be able to get it running, although it seems to be a good idea to me.

Attachments

TheBuggyman

BKubu said:
Again, you are welcome to borrow my M818 (it is at Winslow's place in NC). Go and pick up your trailer with the tractor on it.
Do you think the GL people will load it for me? Are you gonna have your tractor up this way anytime soon? BTW, I bought a 963 loader like your friend's.

TheBuggyman

therbert said:
Hey, You are right on the way back to my place. I have a non running m35a2 to pickup. I got a quote for shipping, but since you are so close to 81 we may be able to work something out.. Would you have room to store a truck for a month or so?

Thanks
Hey Tom,
I've got plenty of room to store anything. What do you have in mind?

therbert

RE: Re: RE: M127 from PA to VA?

I would like to get my truck as close to home as possible. I am about 8 hours from the PA site. I just drove another truck back from Camp Lejeune and I don;t really want to do it again. Thought if you had a way to get it back with your other items I could help pay and make it cheaper for both of us. I will PM you with my number. I am also waiting for my EUC.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks

TheBuggyman

Re: RE: Re: RE: M127 from PA to VA?

therbert said:
I would like to get my truck as close to home as possible. I am about 8 hours from the PA site. I just drove another truck back from Camp Lejeune and I don;t really want to do it again. Thought if you had a way to get it back with your other items I could help pay and make it cheaper for both of us. I will PM you with my number. I am also waiting for my EUC.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks
Tom,
This is my first EUC go-round so mine may take a while. My initial thought is to towbar my M818 home with my M813, get the 818 running and then go back for the trailer. I'm going to try to stay away from any hauling services.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eddie,
Unfortunately, the tractor is down there until I get it...and it is way down the list. I have to bring my tan M925A2 and two deuces back first. If you can figure out a way to get it up to you, you are welcome to borrow it. That would actually help me get it half way home.

TheBuggyman

Re: RE: Re: RE: M127 from PA to VA?

westfolk said:
The M127 has dual light system...........12v and 24v lights. 2 different sockets....12 pin for the 24v and a 7 pin for the 12v.

For those needing things moved....I am "almost always" available. Back in November I moved the 5 trucks for "GunnersHusband"....4 from Chambersburg, 1 from Ft. Lee....all went Cheasepeake(Norfolk), VA.

Eddie,
Sorry for jacking the price on you....didn't know it was you.
The price on what? The truck or the trailer? :lol:
Do you have a place to store the trailer? Give me a price on picking it up and storage until I get the 818 running. That would be a big help!

If I thought the odds were good I'd have my wife drive me up and I'd try to get the 818 going and then drag the trailer home. Is there any way to get on base and work on the truck prior to pick-up?

Now for the BIG question---- how much to move it all to Fredericksburg? :shock:

TheBuggyman

BKubu said:
Eddie,
Unfortunately, the tractor is down there until I get it...and it is way down the list. I have to bring my tan M925A2 and two deuces back first. If you can figure out a way to get it up to you, you are welcome to borrow it. That would actually help me get it half way home.
Bruce,
Thank you once again for your generosity! You never know how this one will pan out.....

You should have brought the HEMTT down this summer, I had five acres of dirt, holes and hills for you to play on while building the pond. The door is always open!

citizensoldier

Man! I eyed that one but could not bid.. I would drive up in a Honda with some gear lube, grease, filters, and some good batteries and drive that sucker home hooked to your M127 find the nearest loading dock and pull the Honda on the trailer and head South. I bet she would go 500 miles without missing a beat! Nice purchase.. Take pics.. heheheh

Just thought I'd put my two cents in on behalf of Westfolk. He moved four trucks for me out of there and did an excellent job! Timely, accomodating, professional, extremely honest and trustworthy are just a few words to describe the man and my experience with him!
Rob

citizensoldier

Well when I was there you could'nt get close to the onsite loading docks.. Two conjested... lol. Man now I want a M818.. Oooooh wifeyyyyy!!!! can I barrow some money my ODD is acting up again.. Insurance wont cover it..

TheBuggyman

Well, what the heck, I suppose I'll try to get it going and drive it home! Joseph is kind enough to go do some recon for me which makes me feel alot better about going to get it.

Chris- if your trailer is still there perhaps they could load it on the M127 and I'll get it to Fredericksburg.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks