• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M127 from PA to VA?

TacticalTruck

steelsoldiers said:
Thanks for the Plan B Eddie. Great looking tractor! I wish I had the XL's on mine.
Hey Chris
Is your tractor up on blocks? If you bought a trailer for it, get your butt in the drivers seat and go get it yo-sef! :p Buggyman, that's a beauty, stop belly aching and take some batteries up there and drive the junk home. I appreciate the brotherhood of help here on this site but if it wasn't for westfolk saving your arses, half of you would be in default. When I bought my Mack tractor and my M172, I drove my blazer to Mechanicsburg. I fired up the Mack and towed the Blazer to Chambersburg. I put the blazer on the trailer behind the Mack and drove the whole mess home. I respectfully submit that you guys need to have a plan BEFORE you bid or be willing to bite the commercial hauling price.
Shields up,
Jeff

citizensoldier

Man Tactical! How do you make a plan when you dont know if you will win, neve know when the EUC will clear, and dont know if they run? Wing it man! wing it! Its all good !
Just have to roll with it after you win because I had lots of plans before buying many trucks.. Half dont work out.. holidays,trucker backs out, weather,Euc needs redoing,flat tire, truck wont start,and so on.. Murphy is live and well..
aua :driver: A good plan is the one that can constantly adapt, change, and monouver.. Some famouse General said that somewhere I know it..lol

TacticalTruck

Sorry for the rant, I'm not sure what my point was. I'm all for the adventure of going to recover something I've bought, I've had my share of unsuccesful recovery missions, but when or if it happens dosen't effect doing a little research ahead of time. Daves Truck Repair is always available for towing, loading and storage at Mechanicsburg and Chambersburg. I just try to keep in mind, when I see a cheap truck at auction, I still have to get it home either myself or with my check book.
Jeff

M215

Chambersburg

I have always had an easy go with the guys at Chambersburg. While waiting for the EUCs to clear use the time to prep the vehicles for the trip home. Just call them and make sure it is Ok in advance. On past sells I have been able to drive my civiy truck in through the gate and work on the vehicles. Once your EUC clears, everything is ready to go, reduces your risk.
Just my $.02, good luck
Karl

TheBuggyman

TacticalTruck said:
steelsoldiers said:
Thanks for the Plan B Eddie. Great looking tractor! I wish I had the XL's on mine.
Hey Chris
Is your tractor up on blocks? If you bought a trailer for it, get your butt in the drivers seat and go get it yo-sef! :p Buggyman, that's a beauty, stop belly aching and take some batteries up there and drive the junk home. I appreciate the brotherhood of help here on this site but if it wasn't for westfolk saving your arses, half of you would be in default. When I bought my Mack tractor and my M172, I drove my blazer to Mechanicsburg. I fired up the Mack and towed the Blazer to Chambersburg. I put the blazer on the trailer behind the Mack and drove the whole mess home. I respectfully submit that you guys need to have a plan BEFORE you bid or be willing to bite the commercial hauling price.
Shields up,
Jeff
Jeez! Just send me my parking brake shoes! :lol:

You are right, I'm just going to get it and drive it home! (Do you have any 6TL's?)

TheBuggyman

Re: Chambersburg

M215 said:
I have always had an easy go with the guys at Chambersburg. While waiting for the EUCs to clear use the time to prep the vehicles for the trip home. Just call them and make sure it is Ok in advance. On past sells I have been able to drive my civiy truck in through the gate and work on the vehicles. Once your EUC clears, everything is ready to go, reduces your risk.
Just my $.02, good luck
Karl
Karl,
I still have your number and have not forgotten about, just been bound up in the time department lately....... :(

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
TacticalTruck said:
steelsoldiers said:
Hey Chris
Is your tractor up on blocks? If you bought a trailer for it, get your butt in the drivers seat and go get it yo-sef! :p
If it was my 923A2 we were talking about, then there was a good chance it was on blocks :) My 818 is running and driving just fine. When I bought my trailer I fully intended to drive up there and haul it back with my Excursion (20 MPG unloaded vs. 6 MPG with the 818.)

Although, it's always nice if you can combine a load or find someone in the area that can get it out of the gate though. That's what I did with my 818. I paid BigWheelBob to go to Lejeune and haul it to his place for storage. It's extremely difficult for me to take a day off in the middle of the week so it worked out perfect for me to go there on a Saturday and drive it back. I knew from Cabell's buddy that those 818's were all driven into Lejeune so I was 99% sure that I could drive it here. Therefor, I didn't factor trucking into the price.

When I bought the 923A2, it looked like a residue truck. So, I factored in the cost of the trucking company and the wrecker to unload it into my final bid price. That way I knew what to expect.

Careful previewing of the truck can help you make a good plan ahead of time, but like Lane said, Mr. Murphy will still rear his ugly head sometimes no matter how good the plan.

TacticalTruck

The bummer is I think they had a personell change at Chambersburg and the new guy doesn't have much of a sense of humor. Remember I'm near the intersection of I66 and Route 17 if anyone needs a way point.
Buggyman, no 6TLs here. The tires are nice and it looks like you could eat off the engine!
Jeff

beaubeau

Equipment Pickup!

aua I got to agree with Citenzensoldier, I wouldn't work on or repair a vehicle until I have papers. To many things can happen with Paperwork at GL. U dont want to make repairs if U lose the Contract. That tractor looks good! It should run and get UR Equipment home. Remember, most Diesels starts good with just a little pull!! Then I have pulled Cummins Diesels 3 miles in winter before they started, and that was a truck that was used daily! Good luck, I shall be going to Chamb. in the next 2 weeks if U need help? I like to pickup on Fri. Less traffic driving home at night. I want a to make a tractor from a Deuce, better fuel economy . Good luck. Phil

TheBuggyman

Re: RE: Equipment Pickup!

citizensoldier said:
Did you get it home yet? I want to see that bad boy hooked to a M127! We got us a load on!

I wish! EUC is a Battle Creek, we'll see how long it takes.

I'm going to put the Dodge on the M127, hook it all up and go!

There will be plenty of pics......

citizensoldier

RE: Re: RE: Equipment Pickup!

Well I have finally managed to put some time behind the wheel of a 800 series. This should be a wonderful drive with that dodge behind you riding in the wind.. I love the power steering and no fight to keep it between the trees.. I think you have made the right choice. I await the photos!
Once in Battle Creek I usualy had 4 days.. But its never the same twice.. Happy trails.
Oh! Maybe someone else from your area needs something that will fit on that M127? Would save you both some fuel money..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Equipment Pickup!

Hope you are getting ready to do the drive there start the M818 hook up the M127 load the POV and head home. My M127 towed very nicely behind my duece using the dolly my son and I built. You will love this combination

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks