• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M127A2C recovery from Greenville today

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I picked up a M127A2C today from a guy in Greenville, NC. Nothing too eventful happened , nice slow trip there and back. The M818 did real well with tons of power. Couldn't ask for a better day. Taking off the side stakes took longer than the trip home.
I found the trailer on CL a long time ago, after working out a price and a good time to come up after the 17 inches of rain we had. The trailer was in a tight spot in the woods so it was interesting to see to get in there and back out. Been sitting for some years but there is NO rust damage , the tires were all nice and the lights and brakes work great. The former owner told me that a guy offered 200 bucks to scrap it, glad I saved it.

We plan on using it in the Christmas parades this year.

Enjoy the few pictures, Jay

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Im painting the trailer to match the 5 ton. A pain in the butt ,but it looks good when done. Sure does have USMC all over it.

I wanted to say thank you to jasonjc for ansewering some questions and going out to get measurements of your truck for me.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Taking off the side stakes took longer than the trip home.
At least you've got the "lightweight" wood sides rather than the heavier fiberglass sides.

For some reason, my trailer came with almost 2 sets of sides, and I have a good mixture of fiberglass and wood.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Id be happy to give them up if anyone wants them. Im only keeping what you see on the trailer when I got it home.
Matt, they make a heavyer side for this thing? Im not looking forward to pulling the front 3 peices today. They weigh about 300 lbs each right?

powerhouseduece

Id be happy to give them up if anyone wants them. Im only keeping what you see on the trailer when I got it home.
Matt, they make a heavyer side for this thing? Im not looking forward to pulling the front 3 peices today. They weigh about 300 lbs each right?

I have the rear fiberglass ones for mine,(just the 2 rear ones) not a fan of them. Your best bet is to find a friend with a forklift or skid steer to remove them front panels. My m127a2 has rebar hoops in the top of each side panel to help removing them. Still a PINA

Oh.. and put some 1600's on so you can be cool like the rest of us!! :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeahhhh I think ill pass on the big tires lol.

Chris, let me know how it goes. You will really enjoy it behind the M818 , obviously rides better and you really dont know its there once your up to speed. I wanted the single axle Duece trailer but im done now.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took one friend to help me take the sides off, and we were able to take them all off by hand.

The problem is, I'm about to paint the trailer, and I doubt I'll paint the sides to match. With as much of a pain as they are, I can't see myself putting the sides back on for any reason anytime soon. I'd literally rather buy a M128 or something than put the sides back on.

I don't know how heavy they are, but the front piece should be the heaviest.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Update pic, cleaning , took all the sides off ... it wasnt hard for some reason. Can someone with a 127 snap a picture of the inside spings on their trailer? I wanted to compare mine, Jay

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks