• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M128A2C Recovered from Camp Pendelton

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been awhile since I updated. The M275A2 has new tires, new/take-off hard top, new brakes (master and wheel cylinders), new axle seals, IP is now timed properly (person I bought it from had it 180 degrees off, barely ran, he thought the engine was blown, may still have a week cyl.) new/take-off grill with rock guards, new trailer hoses, new/take-off light switch, new west coast mirrors, new headlamps, new CV boots, new ($$$ OUCH!) intank fuel pump, new/take-off alternator, new 6 MF batteries, new passenger side windshield, NOS yellow bridge plate (probably should be green but, oh well, I Like the yellow). Drives great, still a little low on power, that's next.

Picking up trailer was a great trip, 900 miles round trip, long story which I will update in a day or two.

Pulled the trailer off Pendelton with 3 flats, had a mobile fix them in a K-Mart parking lot just off base. Brakes on trailer in great shape, floor planking very nice, trailer interier very nice with working overhead lighting. Trailer weighs 15,330 lbs empty. All 24v lights in working order. The drive across the desert (113 degrees) taught me alot about how to keep the cab from cooking me. Lots of heat from everywhere, floor, firewall, even the side vents. I taped everything up but, still lots of heat. Because I was running a day behind, I had to make the desert trip during the day.

The best way to keep the cab interior the same temp as outside is to open the passenger windshied glass and the driver side window, everything else must be closed. Side vents, rear slider, everything. This was actually ok. I drank gallons of water. Anyway here's some pics taken this morning as we were on our way to the storage lot.

BTW, Trailer is being used as a wharehouse for my Military Surplus business. Desert Deuce Surplus. Selling surplus clothing, field gear and general surplus. It's almost full half full in these pictures. As soon as I get organized I'll provide a link to the store. Verified Steel Soldier members will get a discount, of course.

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kev,
That's ONE SWEET lookin trailer. Let us know about your business. Will it be US surplus ONLY or will you 'branch out' to other countries military stuff?

I would love to have a couple of sets of german flectern uniforms.

jim

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the compliment on the trailer, Some rusted panels to fix on both sides, I've already done some grinding and painting on the lower parts, like everything else, needs more work!

Right now it's going to be US Military, I've got about 4000 items left to sort. Lot's of Gore-Tex parkas and pants, Combat BDU's, Boots, Cots, Complete Tent lighting Kits in nice wood boxes, 24v Ration Heaters all kinds of stuff. In a few months I'll be able to expand my horizons abit, if I can start moving this stuff. I'll keep everyone updated.

Desert Rat

Kevin,

That's my dream trailer! She sure looks wonderful! I know about the surplus business. If you want some tips just call me. I'll be happy to share my experiences.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Brent,

Thanks, I love the color too, MERDC - 45% Sand, 45% Earth Yellow, 5% OD, 5% Black. Now I REALLY DO need some decent Earth Yellow.

Yes tips are good, when can we talk?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wicked awesome Kevin. As I said earlier, you'll learn to love that little tractor, I love mine. I also prefer the 128 over the 129 with the smaller back doors. Say, did you put 11.00X20 tires on the tractor?

Desert Rat

Kevin,

Call me anytime. School is out and I'm applying for a job with the Sheriff's office as a deputy (yep Kenny, it looks like a go!). I have two D ring binders of wholesalers and such. I decided to stay with equipment and such. I had too many people wanting special sizes and stiffing me when the stuff came in. I sold most of my inventory and went with camping gear, air compressors, gensets and stuff like that where one size fits all.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kenny,

Yes, love the little tractor, engine is low on power, will bee looking at that in the next couple weeks. Yes, went with a matched set of new Titan 373's, 11.00x20. Matches the trailer, at least size wise. Trailer has 10 hole buds, tractor - 6 hole buds

Hey Bjorn,

I drove the 10, up Chiriako Summit, very slow going up any hill. Like I said above, engine has some power issues that will be addressed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, some thoughts! Wonder what kind of effect the taller tires have on power. The 11.00 tires make a noticeable difference on top speed so it probably does the same on power. I've bid on several M128 and M129 trailers in the past but fearing thew would look disproportionate with the little tractor, backed off. With the 11.00 tires it looks great. Wonder how the M127 would look? Since the M118A1 seems to be the elusive trailer. All in all, I love the way it looks. Maybe one day I can borrow a set of 11.00 for the rear of the tractor and try towing some weight and see the difference.

m.walker

Nice tractor trailer combo ! The 1100 x 20's make the 275 look so much bigger . I think tractors are starting to become a lot more popular ! Love the trailers paint job , I'd like to have one of those 128's too !

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chiraco Summit..Woah thats a nasty grade! Glad to see you made it OK. How hot was it out there? Nice colors on the trailer, same as my truck, only the 2nd time i've seen it.

Elwenil

Desert Deuce, let us know when you get set up and have a good handle on your inventory. I am always interested in a good source for BDUs in good condition. Especially Medium sized 3 color desert in the summer weight fabric. Any 3 color desert ECWS parkas? :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks