• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

RAYZER

Thanks for the props guys! It seems that I can't stop working on this thing! Where does it all end??
So I was out today and got the counter top grouted in!
Tomorrow I'll apply the sealer and see how much difference that makes in the way it looks!
Also, I have decided to rework the upper cabinet because at this point I have no good place for a microwave, I'll build another one and make it taller, the new cabinet will go all the way to the ceiling with a small door near the top, and a spot for the smallest microwave that I can put my hands on in the bottom, with a custom fabricated hood with exhaust underneath.
I will also be installing some stainless steel back splash on the walls around the stove area.
uploadfromtaptalk1374460072541.jpguploadfromtaptalk1374460100551.jpguploadfromtaptalk1374460141904.jpg

Also, added some extra security with a keyed garage door deadbolt, this makes it possible to lock the door from the inside which was not an option before.
uploadfromtaptalk1374460544237.jpguploadfromtaptalk1374460571934.jpguploadfromtaptalk1374460591389.jpg

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With these awesome interior design pictures and ideas it kinda seems like we should have a "Martha Stewart aire" and start publishing an MV version of Better Homes & Gardens... Maybe call it
Better Box Trucks & Fox Holes or something like that.

Your craftsmanship is truely outstanding. Keep up the good work!

John

Carry on.

RAYZER

I've been in between jobs for several days now and have been putting in some time on the Taj!
Yesterday, I went to the Home Depot and bought the smallest microwave that I could find, 0.7 cf, 700 watts,$49.00!
This size microwave worked out perfectly and I rebuilt the upper cabinet keeping the same width, depth and profile of the first one, just made it taller,this added quite a bit more weight so i used some big screws through aluminum frame to support it all.Also had to rework some of the crown mold and ceiling,painted it all up,a little work involved!
Also, took the counter top into the shop and put on 3 coats of sealer.
Still have to make the door!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm running outta compliments here!!:oops:

Nice, outstanding, super, etc... just seems to...well...inappropriate now.

I'm just gonna wait til I see ya at the Ga Rally and tell ya how I really feel Ray.
(Ps..If I hug ya..that don't mean I'm...er...funny)

agazza2

Excellent work once again. The tile counter top sure ads to the whole look your going for. So will the microwave run off of the inverter from the batteries, or will it only be used when the generator is powered up?

RAYZER

Pappabear, would that be a bear hug??

59Apache, I wish you could come to the ga rally!

Agazza, the microwave will eventually run off of shore power, gen, and inverter!

Thank you so much for the compiments guys! They certainly go a long way with my motivation to keep going on this project!
Now that I'm mostly finished with the kitchen,(after the back splash, exaust hood and fan),I'll be moving on to some more wireing and plumbing, not as visual like the kitchen, but I'll keep the pic's coming!

RAYZER

Back at it!
Spent today installing the plumbing in the kitchen, hot and cold water lines and drainage, no leaks!uploadfromtaptalk1376263653108.jpguploadfromtaptalk1376263695102.jpguploadfromtaptalk1376263758418.jpguploadfromtaptalk1376263777256.jpg
Now I'm waiting for a pizza delivery.

agazza2

Looks great Rayzer. I like your Idea for the 3/4" for the sink drain. It makes it little easier to run that tubing through the frame. Keep up the good work.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The quality of your craftsmanship never ceases to amaze me. I am truly in awe over the skills you posses. My hat's off to you, fellow Green Iron Addict!!!