• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

Jakelc15

That looks great. I was thinking of just using a portable countertop stove with a quick connect but now after seeing yours I think I'll do something similar. I like the garage door lock as well. I'm going to have to steal that idea too! I really don't like how someone could just stick a screwdriver or something in the padlock hole and lock me in mine. Keep up the good work, your making the planning stages of mine easier!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are THE MAN Ray!!! :not worthy:

The only way I could be more impressed is if the trailer was bigger. There would be more room for displaying your ideas and craftsmanship!

RAYZER

Received the bathroom sink faucet from ebay the other day and spent this afternoon hooking it up and plumbing in the sink drain, no leaks, and all plumbing is complete on the rig now! This bathroom vessel sink is made from a $14.00 plastic bowel, I couldnt find a glass vessel sink small enough that was under $150.00, so I compromised. Moving on soon to some more wireing! uploadfromtaptalk1376785359856.jpg

Last edited:

w3azel

Ok don't get me wrong here this is an amazing build and your craftsmanship is top notch. I plan to one day do something half as nice as yours, but that bathroom is WAY to nice to be inside a MV trailer. I was showing your pics to the wife and when she saw the bathroom she got all excited. I don't know maybe that's why you did it was to please the woman, but I was not expecting to see something like that.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAY to go Ray! "Adapt, Modify, Survive!" Purty nifty keen on the bowl! How'd ya drain her? With 3/4" pvc again? Curious plumbers want to know. LOL If my house looked like your trailer, my wife would be in heaven. ROFLMAO! Some see problems, you see challenges, and we get to see the successful results! Thanks!

God bless,
Tony

RAYZER

WAY to go Ray! "Adapt, Modify, Survive!" Purty nifty keen on the bowl! How'd ya drain her? With 3/4" pvc again? Curious plumbers want to know. LOL If my house looked like your trailer, my wife would be in heaven. ROFLMAO! Some see problems, you see challenges, and we get to see the successful results! Thanks!

God bless,
Tony
Thankyou sir, I used 1.5" pvc on the bathroom sink drain, (see post 577 pic #2), because it was easily accessible to the rest of the plumbing, used a common ptrap under the sink cabinet and then down through the floor. I hope you approve, im an amateur at best with this plumbing stuff.

RAYZER

Ok don't get me wrong here this is an amazing build and your craftsmanship is top notch. I plan to one day do something half as nice as yours, but that bathroom is WAY to nice to be inside a MV trailer. I was showing your pics to the wife and when she saw the bathroom she got all excited. I don't know maybe that's why you did it was to please the woman, but I was not expecting to see something like that.
Thankyou sir, most women seem to have that same reaction to this bathroom, lol!
But I didn't design or build it this way to make the woman happy, although I may have said something to that affect to my wife to justify all the time and money spent on it!
When I bought the trailer, she was a little run down, I would spend hrs just sitting inside on the floor envisioning how she would turn out, she, for some reason,seemed to demand the "elegent treatment".
Besides, all this attention to detail spent on her just really satisfies my OCD!

RAYZER

Some more progression on the kitchen, had a friend cut up some brushed stainless sheet for the back splashes, the exhaust hood is being welded up and should be ready to install in a couple of days!
Almost finished with the kitchen! uploadfromtaptalk1376944885898.jpguploadfromtaptalk1376944927782.jpguploadfromtaptalk1376944943474.jpg

RAYZER

Looks good Ray. That stainless reminds me on something ....
Im sorry apache, there probably aren't any Dennys (restaurant / diner) in germany, so you might not get that joke.
I went back and looked at your camper build and saw where you used some stainless and it looked great!
Stainless steel is some amazing metal, it's very hard.
To cut the 4.5" hole for my exsaust: I had to use a slow speed 1/2" hand drill and hole saw, (drill pres low speed way to fast),with the back splash placed onto a piece of plywood on the floor, with screws through the 4 corners of the metal panel, and a second person applying lubrication, one slip and the whole things ruined!

59apache

Chipmaker
no problem Ray, i get it :)

yummy....pancake breakfast at dennys...long time ago.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...V-Conversion&p=1379555&viewfull=1#post1379555

:)

cutting large holes in stainless can be pain....with a holesaw i usually saw a hole in a piece of plywood, use this as a template and "sandwich" the sheetmetal between the template and a second plywood.

Other good method is a slow bandsaw for metal. Same procedure as with a jigsaw, but without the scratches.

Drilling sheetmetal is *§#&%.... :) with bad luck it ends at the ER.
But otherwise it's a good place to meet nice women :)

RAYZER

Worked most of today on glueing and attaching the backsplash pieces in the kitchen, the exhaust hood turned out nice thanks to my friends welding skills!
uploadfromtaptalk1377482446585.jpg
Also finished the exsaust stack, used a 200cfm 12v, 4" marine bildge blower inline. I will remove the stack cap and install a hard cap when under way. Redneck engineering at it's finest!uploadfromtaptalk1377482730527.jpguploadfromtaptalk1377482753684.jpg