• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anymore updates Ray? Also, I know you are running 11r20s. Is there enough room to run 395's on the rear? I wondered if that would level the trailer while you are transporting it.

RAYZER

I'm still working on the generator install and should have that wrapped up by Ga Rally!
395's may be pushing it for clearance.
With the 11- 20's I can run duals which I think is safer, and keep all my tires alike.
The trailer sits only an inch or two higher in the front when hooked to the tractor.
uploadfromtaptalk1437846187756.jpg

RAYZER

uploadfromtaptalk1439818030330.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439818182398.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439818347597.jpg Been working on organizing bean storage areas under the galley counter. Also added a 12v radio system with additional speakers underneath the trailer for outside tunes!

RAYZER

Mr Rayzer

What kind of door catch are you using? I am having trouble finding a positive latch catch. My beans keep ending up on the floor during transit.
I'm using double roller catches along with spring loaded hinges, this combination has been working to keep my beans off the floor.
I was messing around today and made some pull out drawers under the head sink cabinet and a couple of shelves under the kitchen sink.
uploadfromtaptalk1439844370583.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439844468632.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439844598790.jpg

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Ray. Make sure the gap around the drawers is smaller than the smallest thing you put in them so items can't launch over the side or back and be hard to retrieve. Or in my case, my wife puts something small enough to hop on the edge of the drawer and get stuck when you pull the drawer out.

mobileauto2000, search on ebay for "southco latch" they make positive catch latches for RV doors etc. I just replaced several on my RV. The latches come in different pull strengths. Use 10 lb pulls for a large door. These are the p/n for the style I used.

C3-803 3lb
C3-805 5 lb
C3-810 10 lb

Go to Southco's website for other style options.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: I agree completely, Papabear. Rayzer is a true craftsman. I have a great deal of respect for him, his ideas, and his abilities. :goodjob:

RAYZER

Thanks for the kind words guys,
I'll do my best to not disappoint.
Stand by,the generator project will be moving forward pretty soon!

RAYZER

Have been working on the trailer extensively getting it ready to go to the GA rally!
The generator install project is finally finished, many days involved in this and I can finally call this rig completely self contained!
While at it I upgraded the house inlet wire to main breaker panel from 30amp to 50amp using 6-3 cable, overkill I know, but it simlafied the wiring sinario.
The Gen box itself is 11ga steel that I had bent up at a local fab shop,the door is 1/8th" aluminum as is the slide out shelf, the Gen electrical panel is also custom fabricated!
A few really nice additions in the kitchen area, but I may wait until after the GA rally to add those pics!
uploadfromtaptalk1444911525356.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444911579746.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444911647109.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444911729917.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444911779839.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have been working on the trailer extensively getting it ready to go to the GA rally!
The generator install project is finally finished, many days involved in this and I can finally call this rig completely self contained!
While at it I upgraded the house inlet wire to main breaker panel from 30amp to 50amp using 6-3 cable, overkill I know, but it simlafied the wiring sinario.
The Gen box itself is 11ga steel that I had bent up at a local fab shop,the door is 1/8th" aluminum as is the slide out shelf, the Gen electrical panel is also custom fabricated!
A few really nice additions in the kitchen area, but I may wait until after the GA rally to add those pics!
View attachment 588034View attachment 588035View attachment 588036View attachment 588037View attachment 588038
Love the work AND the Fire Extinguisher! !

Another Ahab

That is a beautiful installation there. Mr. RAYZER.

Are you maybe a licensed electrician, or do you just know what you're doing naturally!?

And is there ever ANY downside to oversized wiring?

RAYZER

That is a beautiful installation there. Mr. RAYZER.

Are you maybe a licensed electrician, or do you just know what you're doing naturally!?

And is there ever ANY downside to oversized wiring?
Thanks!
I'm not a licensed electrician but I do understand the logic.
I hope I know what I'm doing!
The downside to oversized wire is the expense,but I had access to free cable!

tommys2patrick

You may have covered this before so I hope I am not asking you to repost something--Can you describe your electric setup as in UPS, transfer switches etc. It did look like you had a separate battery for starting the genny -correct? Any other special safety or controls such as remote start and stop, low fuel warning etc?

Would you drive a separate ground from the trailer for the genny or is all the grounding tied together?

I know I have said this before but you are doing an amazing job--hats off!!