• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab.
I'm meeting interesting people all the time when on the road with the Taj, especially when stopped for fuel,it's a big magnet!
I'm always willing and enjoy answering questions as to "what is it?" and will open the door so they can look in.
Heck, last year on the way back from the GA rally at a fuel stop I had 4 ladies standing inside admiring!

Did their Husbands/boyfriends know? Mrs. Rayzer???? (Just kiddin! Your trailer combo is truly gorgeous!) Most excellent Big Guy! The attention to detail is to be admired!

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning folks!
Getting settled back in from my 9 day 900 round mile round trip to the GA rally (5 years straight),
I'm happy to say that this trip was one very enjoyable and relaxing excursion, nothing broke on the truck, perfect weather, full campsite hookups and perfect neibours!
With the new upgrades, the trailer performed flawlessly with all systems providing comfort and convenience, brought the generator on line Several times! Big convenience!
Here are a few pics as promised of the kitchen area upgrades, I think with these couple of changes the kitchen now looks complete.
The wainscoting had to incorporate a hidden access panel for the water heater gas valve, I'm pleased with how it turned out.
The added wall cabinet was designed to hide all wiring, has a mirrored back, glass shelves, led lighting and will accommodate a 1.75 and then some if you know what I mean!View attachment 591463View attachment 591464View attachment 591465View attachment 591466View attachment 591467View attachment 591468View attachment 591469View attachment 591470
Looking good as always, Ray! Thanks again for your leadership and advice on the Rally trip. Couldn't have done it without you!

Another Ahab

Good morning folks!
Here are a few pics as promised of the kitchen area upgrades, I think with these couple of changes the kitchen now looks complete.
The wainscoting had to incorporate a hidden access panel for the water heater gas valve, I'm pleased with how it turned out.
View attachment 591470
How did you work out the "fastening" for that most excellent hidden panel:

- Magnet catches?

- Spring catches?

Or something else altogether!?

RAYZER

Hello Folks, all is well!
I've been working on a couple of small projects since my last post to this thread, one being
cabinetry for some organized clothing storage.
I'm happy with how it all turned out so I think I'll duplicate it on the opposite side!
Somewhere around 25 hrs put into this and was able to use mostly scrap materials!

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Folks, all is well!
I've been working on a couple of small projects since my last post to this thread, one being
cabinetry for some organized clothing storage.
I'm happy with how it all turned out so I think I'll duplicate it on the opposite side!
Somewhere around 25 hrs put into this and was able to use mostly scrap materials!
What? Twenty-five hours, mostly scrap lumber AND you are "happy" with it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and NO PICS?!

Oh the calamity!

ROFLMBO!!

If YOU are happy with it, it must be something to behold, so like I said to another "master craftsman".......................Anticipation..............pics please???? LOL

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the shelves in the smaller cabinet for shoes? If not, then what are the openings in the shelving for? Ties? The light is a superb touch!

RAYZER

Are the shelves in the smaller cabinet for shoes? If not, then what are the openings in the shelving for? Ties? The light is a superb touch!
No, the shelves are for clothing and shoes go in the bottom of the long cabinet.
Only 8 and 9" deep, not a lot but that's all I had.
The shelves are made from 1/4" mahogany strips and the slots help with ventilation!

Jakelc15

Looks nice. I wish I had your scrap wood pile. Lowes has been killing me on red oak.
You should bring that up to Rausch Creek for the really!

Another Ahab

No, that is cork flooring bordered with prefinished stair nosing!
It matches the dinette table.
No kidding!? You could have fooled me, I thought for sure that was polished granite.

It looks great! But then everything you do always looks first class, RAYZER; top shelf! [thumbzup]

Last edited:

RAYZER

Thanks guys!
Also made a fold down shelf for some more prep room in the kitchen, used a large nylon cutting board for the top that I found at a garage sale for $5.00!
Also recoated the roof today!
uploadfromtaptalk1457751245876.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457751271712.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457751312516.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457751424745.jpg

RAYZER

Howdy All!
So I've been looking around for a bigger duel sport motorcycle to replace the ke100 support vehicle that resides on the back of the Taj.
The 100 weights around 180 lbs and is difficult and dangerous to load and unload via a ramp.
I may end up with a klr 650 that weights in at 400 lbs, which makes said loading ramp obsolete.
So, time for some hardware upgrades!
I've been working on this contraption for about 4 weeks now, it's finally finished, load tested to 400 lbs at full scope, works flawlessly and allows me to load and unload my support vehicle without help!
The winch is a HF 1.5 ton remote control key fob activated,
The truck bed crane is HF that I've modified by adding a hook lug so I can double line using a lifting block, and cutting out the original 3/4" wire rope sheaves and adding a 3" sheave with bronze bushing, those tiny sheaves will tear up the wire rope under heavy load.
The mount for the crane was fabricated from 10" heavy chanel
and mounted to the trailer frame using 1/2" grade 8 bolts, under heavy load test it's all rock solid!
I'm excited about my new lifting hardware setup, it lends many options!
Pictures to follow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks