• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

Danger Ranger

Oddball, I know it was probably what you were looking for (attention) but that avatar is about as creepy as gimpyrobb's.......

Keep up the good work Rayzer...[thumbzup]

Danger Ranger

roflOh, wow, I really should have clarified, rereading makes me look very ummm....gay.:roll:

I was referring to the mannequin head, I am unfortunately scarred...:cookoo:;-)

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray,

What's the hold up; did ODDBALL007 take a poot in your new toilet???rofl

How about and update with some new pictures?[thumbzup] I for one want to see how your project is coming along.:grd:

RAYZER

I second the notion!!!

Hijack over, resume thread. We want pics too, though not of oddball's umm, waste.
Well guy's,i was hoping the hijack was over:lol:
Good news though, I have been working relentlessly on the bathroom for a couple of weeks now taking pics as I go!
Geting ready to go and do some more as we speak! I will post some more progress pics soon!!:grd:

Last edited:

Ford Prefect

Funny, I registered here over a year ago (just over three as a matter of fact), and I get on and read a lot, yet I guess I have never actually posted. Funny that.

Anyhow...

A few thoughts...

First you said this is going to be an expedition rig, yes, in your first post?

That in mind my first thought was 'HOLY CRAP that is a HUGE bathroom!'.

Are you serious with that thing? I mean it takes up a full 1/5 of your space in there...:D

Never the less, you mentioned the composting head, and I thought you should check out the "Eco Roamer" build thread over at the Expedition Portal forum. Jay Shapiro is a friend, and they covered that head with exhaustive length in the thread. One thing that came up, and my be relevant to you, is that with those things you really have to let it compost, with nothing new added into it, for about three weeks before it can be legally dumped as dirt. If you are planning to live in the thing for weeks or even months/years then you may need two or three of them in your trailer just to be able to allow for proper composting.

Another thing I have seen often is to put the gray and black water tanks on the tow rig, this way you can drop the trailer and go dump the tanks without having to move everything. IF you did do that, you could allow for a slow drip to drain the composting toilets waste liquid onto your exhaust pipe allowing it to simple evaporate. This is something else that Jay did on his truck.

Anyhow, it looks like a great platform for a build! If you are looking to paint it, you can get some "bus kote" paint. This stuff goes on about 1cm thick, and works as an insulation as well, which is always nice to add a bit more insulation onto your expedition rig. I believe they only come in white, but that you can have them tint it a different color if you would like.

Anyhow, again, super cool idea, and I look forward to reading the conclusion to this thread!

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RAYZER is probably watching ODDBALL007 so close everytime he is over that he can't take pictures.

Ray, just wrap a roll of duct tape around that throne and take some pictures.[thumbzup]:grd:

RAYZER

Funny, I registered here over a year ago if I recall correctly, and I get on and read a lot, yet I guess I have never actually posted. Funny that.

Anyhow...

A few thoughts...

First you said this is going to be an expedition rig, yes, in your first post?

That in mind my first thought was 'HOLY CRAP that is a HUGE bathroom!'.

Are you serious with that thing? I mean it takes up a full 1/5 of your space in there...:D

Never the less, you mentioned the composting head, and I thought you should check out the "Eco Roamer" build thread over at the Expedition Portal forum. Jay Shapiro is a friend, and they covered that head with exhaustive length in the thread. One thing that came up, and my be relevant to you, is that with those things you really have to let it compost, with nothing new added into it, for about three weeks before it can be legally dumped as dirt. If you are planning to live in the thing for weeks or even months/years then you may need two or three of them in your trailer just to be able to allow for proper composting.

Another thing I have seen often is to put the gray and black water tanks on the tow rig, this way you can drop the trailer and go dump the tanks without having to move everything. IF you did do that, you could allow for a slow drip to drain the composting toilets waste liquid onto your exhaust pipe allowing it to simple evaporate. This is something else that Jay did on his truck.

Anyhow, it looks like a great platform for a build! If you are looking to paint it, you can get some "bus kote" paint. This stuff goes on about 1cm thick, and works as an insulation as well, which is always nice to add a bit more insulation onto your expedition rig. I believe they only come in white, but that you can have them tint it a different color if you would like.

Anyhow, again, super cool idea, and I look forward to reading the conclusion to this thread!
let me be the first to say,welcome to the site! yes, this will be an expidition vehicle as well as a potential exstended live in shelter.

yes the bathroom is big and in fact does take up 1/5 of the 165sf of liveable space but,between my wife and i ,we may spend 1/5th of our occupation time in there! i checked into the composting heads and decided that they just cost too much and would not be practicle enough for me so ill have to go another route,

sorry guys for the delay with the pics but ive been waiting to make some noticable progress,and i have! i didnt intend to over do this bathroom in the way i did but i was feeling creative,my stepson is a woodworker and builds custom libraries, he gave me the ideas for the trim design and i went with it, just a little more trim,make the vanity,3/4" marble counter top and stub wall tops, bowell sink, corner cabinett doors, window treatments and a few other things and i can move on to the next phase, probably the living area which will get some of the same wall and ceiling and window treatments, after that i think electric and plumbing,i'll save the kitchen unit for last.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One question, what are you doing about moisture build up in the shower/bath area

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Crap Batman!!!! If my bathroom looked like that I would be spending all my waking monents in there!!![thumbzup] That's nice Ray. Keep the pictures coming!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks