• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the windows may work in the summer, winter ???, I would put a roof vent, without a exhaust to DRAW out the moisture. you will have mold build up where you can't get at

Ripcord01

Ray ,the bathroom looks really nice. It is cool to be able to take a trailer and make it comfy as you have. Now where are the electronics? and the bar? Keep up the good work and give us some more pics![thumbzup]

JDToumanian

Did you get one of those m146's from gl out of ca a couple of weeks ago? Those looked real nice! Be sure to post some pics.what will you do with it?
Yeah, I got the one that has a training center logo and says "weaponeer" on it... I got to see it last week, it looks pretty good. I'm going to do an RV trailer conversion like yours. The cheesy box hanging there used to contain a generator but is empty now. I'm going to remove it. Fortunately the spare tire gear is still present next to the box.

Jon

Attachments

RAYZER

Wow,Thats a nice looking m146 Jon! I kind of like the logo's on the sides!
I agree that the generator box looks out of proportion.
My plans are to put 60"L x18"x18" truck style tool boxes under each side close to the wheels,this will eliminate the spare tire mount and i'll have to figure out what to do about that,but will have room to mount a removable generator between the front of the tool box and the landing gear on the left side,the boxes will also hide the holding tanks in the middle underneath.

What will you pull yours with?

JDToumanian

I've got a line on a nice M275 tractor, 1966 all original... It's still non-turbo with horizontal exhaust! I'm negotiating a price, though not too seriously because I don't quite have the money in hand yet. And if that deal somehow falls through, there are others around or I could convert a cargo truck to a tractor. My 5-ton has a cracked frame and I prefer the smaller deuce tractors.

For my generator I'm going to go with a portable Honda EU3000iS and add the wheel kit. They're super quiet, 58db at full load is not even as loud as normal human conversation and it will have enough grunt to power the Dometic Duo-Therm Penguin 13,500btu roof A/C I want to add. If I'm going to a campground, like Tower Park, I don't need the generator. If I'm going elsewhere, like Camp Dirtbag, I'll bring the generator and roll it out when I get there. Just plug the shore power cable into it....

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.... Your bathroom is looking great, I hope you'll be flattered and not offended if I copy you... 8)

Jon

RAYZER

I would love to have a m275 but ended up with a m35a2 ww to convert, the longer wheel base may be an advantage,as soon as I get a little farther along with the trailer project i'll start on the tractor,at least get the 5th wheel mounted so I can move the m146.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My plans are to put 60"L x18"x18" truck style tool boxes under each side close to the wheels,this will eliminate the spare tire mount and i'll have to figure out what to do about that,
The deuce spare will be the same. You could mount trailer spare on the front of the trailer if you need two spares.

RAYZER

The deuce spare will be the same. You could mount trailer spare on the front of the trailer if you need two spares.
My plans are to put a storage rack across the front of the trailer with the floor of the rack being under the ac unit, i'm not sure abot having enough room for the spare on the front of the trailer,but maybe I could throw it on the tractor.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My plans are to put a storage rack across the front of the trailer with the floor of the rack being under the ac unit, i'm not sure abot having enough room for the spare on the front of the trailer,but maybe I could throw it on the tractor.
I think the spare on the tractor would be good enough for me. You have plenty of other "spares" when you think about it.

Are you going to have the M146 ready for the GA rally?

RAYZER

I think the spare on the tractor would be good enough for me. You have plenty of other "spares" when you think about it.

Are you going to have the M146 ready for the GA rally?
I'm pretty sure that I can,it may not be 100% but it will be close.
I have to have the tractor ready as well and thats a whole other project. I think the spare on the tractor may be enough also,or.just throw an extra on the frame plate when I take a trip.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure that I can,it may not be 100% but it will be close.
I have to have the tractor ready as well and thats a whole other project. I think the spare on the tractor may be enough also,or.just throw an extra on the frame plate when I take a trip.
You get the M146 fixed up nice and I'll pull it up with the M818. Especially if there's a beer tap!!![thumbzup]

Ford Prefect

So, on the bathroom, again...

It seems that "Over do" may have been a bit of an understatement, no?

Seriously though, that is a very nice looking space. Certainly no one will expect that inside an old military trailer, someone is going to think you got it from a General...rofl

I do not recall, what did you say you are going to use to pull this thing? Where do you plan to go with it when it is completed? IE do you plan to leave the country at all? Trips to AK, or down to central America or something?\

By the way, I am now wondering if I have the lowest post count to membership length ratio??? ;)

RAYZER

Thanks Vinny! A beer tap and a pull out grill is definetly in order!!
So, on the bathroom, again...

It seems that "Over do" may have been a bit of an understatement, no?

Seriously though, that is a very nice looking space. Certainly no one will expect that inside an old military trailer, someone is going to think you got it from a General...rofl

I do not recall, what did you say you are going to use to pull this thing? Where do you plan to go with it when it is completed? IE do you plan to leave the country at all? Trips to AK, or down to central America or something?\

By the way, I am now wondering if I have the lowest post count to membership length ratio??? ;)
Understatement? Yes!

Thanks for the compliment, i'm going for the WOW factor here!

I'll be pulling this with a deuce road tractor to the Ga rally in oct of this year,and after,who knows, but I think i'll keep it in the US.

I think that you just might have the lowest post count to membership length in history:p 2 posts and both on this thread:p
:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks