• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151a2 purchase--cant figure out the year

gem1410

If anyone can help--I purchased this m151a2 from my friend Don and I have no idea what year it is--the title and vin plate are incorrect---there is a plate wielded to the body above the fuel lines under the trans cover on the drivers side--the number is------C151-29729----any ideas of the year---thanks George

Attachments

Taurus454

Wow! Congrats on a cherry of an acquisition. I don't think I have ever seen one that nice, even when I was on active duty! You got a real keeper there, nicely done!

Tom

mutt_kahuna

A2 year

Hi...nice A2!....send that number to Ken at muttguru@aol.com and pick his brain...he has probably the largest database of M151 info.......main thing is you have a title..if you're able to get tags then you've won the battle!...oh by the way..the fuel can should be facing the other way...other then that NICE M151!

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about the hood number? This is consistant with being USMC. The Body number indicates it is fairly late. The last contract for the USMC. Ken (mutt Guru) says these are 79 or 80 I think they are latter like 82 83 but??? The horn if original has a date as does the carb again if original.

gem1410

The title says 1967 m151-----I will get some pictures of the plate and will check the horn-- I was lucky my friends wife wanted his mutt gone--the hood was recently replaced with a nos one before I bought it--

gem1410

Its an A2--fenders--body sn#--steering wheel--lights--fuel pump-----all kinds of things seperate the a1 from the a2--a2 has different rear suspention also--I have an a1 sitting at home also

Hightechken

Anyone have any tips on repairing the ROPS for an M151A2? I searched around here and see no mention of the Roll Over Protection System. Mine were torched off and do not seem to match up. I suspect my lower came from a different vehicle than the upper cut part.

moose53

looking at the pics, my opinion would be a 1972-73 AMG , since it has no emissions stuff, and is definately a AMG tub. As someone else said, contact Muttguru with your datatag info and he can likely give you a very good estimate of manufacture date.

Jim

Rainman

Hey gem,
I agree with Moose, early 70's AMG pre-emissions M151A2. With the number you have, muttguru will pin it down for you. Marine front bumper but Army wheel hubs. In pictures 2 and 6 the gas can is backwards, but in pic 4 it's correct. Very nice indeed! That's a good lokking M151A2 no matter what confusion there may be in the paperwork.
Rainman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks