• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M185 Brakes TM and best current parts source?

maxpanic

Well how I did mine was to top off the reservoir (and keep it topped off throughout the process)
-1. Bleed front air pack (pass side)
-2. Bleed rear air pack (drv side)
-3. Bleed pass rearmost cyl
-4. Bleed drvs rearmost cyl
-5. Bleed pass center axle cyl
-6. Bleed drivers center axle cyl
-7. Bleed drivers front cyl (yes drivers side first on the front)
-8. Bleed pass front cyl
-9. And just to be sure I did it again.

I think it's easy for air to get trapped between the master cylinder and air packs so spend extra time at that step. Perhaps while bleeding, loosen the tube nuts a bit at the master cylinder and let some fluid (and hopefully any trapped air) bleed out then retughten and bleed air packs again then cylinders.
and just out of curiosity, since I have used the pedal pushing method to bleed these brakes twice and still seem to have air in the lines, did you use the pedal pressing method or a brake bleeder on your 1987-1988 air force Deuce?

Jeepsinker

It isn't nearly as easy to use a pressure bleeder on the dual circuit system as the old single circuit system, because you don't have the 1/8" fitting on the cap. The old pedal push method is probably the most common way to do it, just like any normal vehicle.

maxpanic

Looks like I may have a problem here. What is this supposed to be connected to?IMG_0659.jpg

this is in the engine bay next to the firewall and next to the air filter. It is spewing air and brake fluid out whenever the brake pedal is pressed.

peashooter

Looks like I may have a problem here. What is this supposed to be connected to?View attachment 598670

this is in the engine bay next to the firewall and next to the air filter. It is spewing air and brake fluid out whenever the brake pedal is pressed.
That is the breather/exhaust vent. It should leak out air but not fluid.If it's spitting out fluid then one of your airpaks has an issue and needs a rebuild.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks