• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M20/M8 fan idler pully questions

dogtags

I am trying to take off the fan pulley bracket so I can replace bearings A-283370 and A-284034 which are on the fan pulley shaft.

As you can see in the photos, I was able to get the 4 screws that hold the bracket down off. I would be able to get the whole assembly off, if I could figure out how to loosen up the belts.

According to the manual, all you need to do is loosen the fan belt adjustment and slip off the belt.

I have loosened the screw that somehow controls the idler pulley arm as far as I can go without removing the upper radiator hose. The arm will not go down to loosen the belts.

Do I need to remove the upper hose and keep backing the screw out? Will the arm eventually move down so I can loosen the fan belts? Will dogs and cats ever live in peace?

~Robert

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks