• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M20/M8 fan idler pully questions

dogtags

I am trying to take off the fan pulley bracket so I can replace bearings A-283370 and A-284034 which are on the fan pulley shaft.

As you can see in the photos, I was able to get the 4 screws that hold the bracket down off. I would be able to get the whole assembly off, if I could figure out how to loosen up the belts.

According to the manual, all you need to do is loosen the fan belt adjustment and slip off the belt.

I have loosened the screw that somehow controls the idler pulley arm as far as I can go without removing the upper radiator hose. The arm will not go down to loosen the belts.

Do I need to remove the upper hose and keep backing the screw out? Will the arm eventually move down so I can loosen the fan belts? Will dogs and cats ever live in peace?

~Robert

Attachments