• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 Lunette Ring Conversion to a drop 2-5/16 ball hitch

Gb1

I’m writing to see if anyone on the site has even made a hitch convention for a M200A1. I would still like to be able to tow the max weight of the Trailer which is ~7000 lbs on a 2-5/16 ball. On the trailer there is a (removable) standard MIL lunette ring which looks to taper fit into the front of the trailer receiver. Even with the trailer jack lowered to the lowest point it is too high to connect to a pick up truck. If I lifted a pintle hitch on the truck I believe It would interfere with a lowered tailgate.
Has anyone created a custom dropped ball hitch to fit to a tapered steel shaft that mounts like the lunette? This would allow me to swap between pintle ring or ball. Or has anyone simply welded a dropped ball hitch to the face of the front of the lunette receiver with the ring removed? I don’t want to make this too complicated...
Also any other suggestions for creating a 2 5/16 inch ball receiver to the M200A1.

DeadParrot

Does your ring rise up or slope down on your trailer? If it rises up, you might get what you need by removing it and flipping it 180. A quick google for your trailer shows rings going both ways so it seems like it could be an easy fix. Did the same thing + flipping the nose bracket on my M101A1 and it sits level behind my Chevy C10.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks