• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1/M353 31 Trailers

StrykerPerry

I tow mine with an 87 1 ton Chevy or my 6x6 trucks. Also I have now put my shelter on an m116a3 and use my m353 as a brush fire trailer and water transport. The low center of gravity and the strength is great for that.

Gung-Ho Civillian

Neither of those are the ideal answer. These use air over hydraulic so you will need air brakes .Most states require brakes on anything 3000lbs and over plus they are considerably wider trailers than your tow vehicle. Converting over to electric would be a $1000-$1500+ project. Probably better off with a m116 chassis for a shelter or the newer m1101/m1102 style generator chassis that use surge brakes.
ymmv
Yes, thanks for your experienced input; I would highly agree, based on my short-term data search. Looking at the GovPlanet 1102s as a viable option now.
All the Best!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks