• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 deep water fording kit

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any body have any good pics or info in a M211/135 deep water fording kit? I'd like to make one. Have searched but to no avail.

butch atkins

Deep Water Fording Kit

complete NOS,NIB unit went for almost 500.00 on Ebay couple months ago,be hard to make original unit ,special incab controls for activating unit ,outside tubes to motor u could make a look alike,but to many small pcs to shut off major vent lines,i looked in ORD 9 manual ,lots of small pcs ,no pics ,good luck

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a kit and I have installed the interesting part of it, the snorkel that goes in the cab. As Butch said, the majority of the kit is the crankcase vent shut off plumbing and the dual cable control handle, just like all other M-series trucks. The snorkel clamps onto the dash air intake pipe, and telescopes up to just under the cab top, where there is a mushroom. I'll get a photo of it for reference tomorrow. I would hate to be fording in water that deep, but then again, I am not a member of the New Jersey National Guard :p

Gunfreak25

135gmc

Unlike some other vehicles, the M135/M211 fording kit rises from the dashboard. The cap on the dash air filter inlet is removed and reinstalled at the air filter so the only air source is through the new pipe. The exhaust already extends above the cab. For it all to work, the hoses between the air filter and the air compressor and the carb need to be is good condition and tight. They used a fairly heavy hose between the carb and the air filter as the standard hose. The gottcha if you want to build a kit is the dual push/pull cable control - this shuts off the crankcase vent/etc.

Other than the dashboard air intake, the rest of the fording kit should be close to the parts needed for any similar vintage M-series truck.

Unlike a Jeep, the M211 fording kit doesn't do a lot to dress up the truck-- and if the road you drive on gets that muddy, maybe it isn't worth driving on.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gottcha if you want to build a kit is the dual push/pull cable control - this shuts off the crankcase vent/etc.

Other than the dashboard air intake, the rest of the fording kit should be close to the parts needed for any similar vintage M-series truck.
The cable is relatively easy to get (I have two), the later 3 push/pull cable is the hard one to find one. I also have 2 extra fording kits for a M35 or M35A1 but by the pics they look totally different. Acetomatoco used to have a complete kit. (don't know what happened to it or who got it).

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would appreciate that. If it is for sale Private Message me.
If I had it, I would then buy a truck to fit it. LOL
Thanks a lot!

I just saw one for a m135 on ebay. I was not paying attention and was outbid.

blizzardwarrior7

So what, your wife asked you to take a shower and you thought this would be the easiest way?

But in all honesty isn't a bit inconvenient that the tubing has to be inside the cab? And idea what it will sound like sucking all that air in a few feet from your head?

Erik L

So what, your wife asked you to take a shower and you thought this would be the easiest way?

But in all honesty isn't a bit inconvenient that the tubing has to be inside the cab? And idea what it will sound like sucking all that air in a few feet from your head?
I have ridden in modified off road style trucks that use the intake in the cab approach for added water resistance, it isn't much different than leaning into the engine bay while someone hammers the gas pedal. I can only imagine what it would sound like in the cab of a deuce.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best part about this is if it is too much noise you don't have to buy one. :razz:

I'm gonna keep looking. I appreciate any help!

Dan

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much sucking sound could a six cylinder with a 4" intake tube make?

Gunfreak25

Henderson, what are your plans for your trucks as far as useage? DD's or just weekend toys? I would love to see one fording.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks