• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 is it worth buying

ALFA2

It looks pretty good, if it runs it is worth $500.00 and a 302 is an old but tough little engine, easy to work on to get it going.

Hope it helps.

ALFA2

XM 2742

Get it and don't bob a classic. Just my two cents worth but I am in the middle of a full restoration on my 211. Even if ya buy it and save it you can save it by selling the parts and buying a newer truck that runs. The 211 is too good of a truck to cut up or let go at that price.

n1bnc

Go for it.

There is an M211 on route 11 East in Farmington near the Rochester line here in New Hampshire. There is no price on it, but it has a bit of that red paint on it. The email address on the truck bounced, but between the two, you have the parts to make a good one and a bobber with the rest. I will be driving by the M211 again soon and will test the email address on it.

General007

Yeah i'm going to buy it I'm sure it will be a money pit but whatever I guess its for the enjoyment of building up a classic probably wont be dont this summer but due to funding but im sure i'll fiddle with it here and there to get her back up and running, and im going to try to leave it as original as possible, unless the bed is beyond repair then i might do some custom work there but I dont think it will be to bad. Oh and is it worth just keeping the rims I've got on it there the old two piece with the ring some say nay others say there fine just wondering. Thanks

General007

I've read that the auto tranny in these trucks are problematic is there anything I should be looking for, to tell if there's any problems with it???

vtdeucedriver

Yeah i'm going to buy it I'm sure it will be a money pit but whatever I guess its for the enjoyment of building up a classic probably wont be dont this summer but due to funding but im sure i'll fiddle with it here and there to get her back up and running, and im going to try to leave it as original as possible, unless the bed is beyond repair then i might do some custom work there but I dont think it will be to bad. Oh and is it worth just keeping the rims I've got on it there the old two piece with the ring some say nay others say there fine just wondering. Thanks

Keep the rims.

General007

Alright thanks for the info now i'll just have to go get the thing and get it home, I'll probably drive it seeings its not to far from home about 15miles, but is there anything i should look for to tell me if the tranny is bad or not???

hippiedude

Before you drive it I would change the oil in the trans. first ...That will let you see if there is water in it ...... The trany is water cooled ...... If that`s ok you should be good to go ....You might want to warm it up to running temp first though and check to see if it goes into gear first , try HI forward than Low forward than Low rev. , stay away from HI rev. until you change the oil ............. There are a couple threds on what oil to use ,ATF or 30wt. motor oil ..... Your choice .......Good luck ....That truck is some work but if it runs and moves thats half the battle ....... Tim

vtdeucedriver

General, where are you at and where is the truck located????? Is she far from her former firestation?????? If you dont want to drive it and you want to tow, I might be able to help.

Attachments

General007

Its not that far from my house so should be all set for driving it. And my uncle owns it he bought it from the Burlington Fire dept, quite a few years back and he was going to junk it and said he could get more than 500 for it for junk but said he'd sell it to me for that seeing I took an interest in it. It does run and drive just the fuel pump is bad so it needs to be run off a gas can on the roof haha. But I'll fix that once i get it back home. Thanks guys for the info on it.

XM 2742

The trannies are said to be rather rough in shifting but adjustments will mitigate that I am told. A Reb kit is the way I will go.

Terry Shelswell

Assuming that there are no data plates, and if the body is correct (can't tell from the photos) - the M211 body has a completely flat floor, whereas the M135 has wheel wells - to accommodate the larger 1100-20 tires. Check out some of the other posts here and you'll quickly see the difference. Also, the M135 has the larger 1100-20 tires vs. the 900-20 tires used on the M211.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks