• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211

169olds

hello, i am new to site, just bought my first 6x6, 1954 m211, it has been repowerd with an olds 455 and a thm 400 transmission, are their any suppliers for parts like heaters for the cab, body parts, suspension parts, winch kits or a good used vintage parts supplier?
thanks

badgmc56

Tom over at Alfa Heaven probably has the best selection of parts for the M-211 and the M-135. Got running boards from him and a bunch of other used parts. It was quality stuff for 50 year old parts.

169olds

thanks for the replys, this is gonna be a fun grocery getter i think, took it to the mc donalds drive thru last night to get a burger, fun:mrgreen: the olds 455 and thm 400 is a great power plant, very smooth and lots of power, i have nefer driven one with the 6 cyl or dieses, do they have good power? i was thinking of putting the stock motor and trans back in it but is that a good idea or leave it the way it is?
thanks mike

n1bnc

I was wondering about the power but you seem happy with it. How is the transfer case handled? The original drivetrain has a one speed sprag case. I had driven it around town and it is an amusing grocery getter and gets a lot of looks but the power was clearly not tire burning awesome. I am willing to bet the gas mileage may be better with the v8.

169olds

n1bnc , thanks for the reply, the motor is set in with a motor plate in the front, air compressor fabed into the rt motor plate, thm 400 trans has a small driveline between it and the transfer case, stock transfer case so it is in gear or neutral, the only down side is i have to use an electrict hydraulic pump for flatbed dump, cannot use pto on transmission, i can on the transfer but i cant dump and roll, the power is great, it is a 1969 motor with j heads and 4 bbl so it is 401 hp and 510 lb torqe, i have smoked all 8 tires on dry pavement, very fun, as you know not very fast, i thins 55 mph (my speedo dont work) but gets thier very fast, also with 6 ton on the bed pulls hills very well, as for mileage i get around 12 mpg on free way in single axle drive, goes down of course with 2 and 3 axle drive but very fun, when i get home ill post pics of truck and motor for your referance, at the hospital for a few days, my son was born tuesday, big boy 9 lbs 2 oz:jumpin: yeaaaa!!! nice thing about a gm motor and trans fairly easy to find parts and cheaper to fix, this truck is a 54 m 211, my neighbor has a 46 international 6x6 that he wants 600 for, i am not sure of its designation but it runs and drives, very cool has the big 6 cyl with duall carbs and aluminum intake, is this a stock option??? hope this info was helpfull

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks