• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211

169olds

hello, i am new to site, just bought my first 6x6, 1954 m211, it has been repowerd with an olds 455 and a thm 400 transmission, are their any suppliers for parts like heaters for the cab, body parts, suspension parts, winch kits or a good used vintage parts supplier?
thanks

badgmc56

Tom over at Alfa Heaven probably has the best selection of parts for the M-211 and the M-135. Got running boards from him and a bunch of other used parts. It was quality stuff for 50 year old parts.

169olds

thanks for the replys, this is gonna be a fun grocery getter i think, took it to the mc donalds drive thru last night to get a burger, fun:mrgreen: the olds 455 and thm 400 is a great power plant, very smooth and lots of power, i have nefer driven one with the 6 cyl or dieses, do they have good power? i was thinking of putting the stock motor and trans back in it but is that a good idea or leave it the way it is?
thanks mike

n1bnc

I was wondering about the power but you seem happy with it. How is the transfer case handled? The original drivetrain has a one speed sprag case. I had driven it around town and it is an amusing grocery getter and gets a lot of looks but the power was clearly not tire burning awesome. I am willing to bet the gas mileage may be better with the v8.

169olds

n1bnc , thanks for the reply, the motor is set in with a motor plate in the front, air compressor fabed into the rt motor plate, thm 400 trans has a small driveline between it and the transfer case, stock transfer case so it is in gear or neutral, the only down side is i have to use an electrict hydraulic pump for flatbed dump, cannot use pto on transmission, i can on the transfer but i cant dump and roll, the power is great, it is a 1969 motor with j heads and 4 bbl so it is 401 hp and 510 lb torqe, i have smoked all 8 tires on dry pavement, very fun, as you know not very fast, i thins 55 mph (my speedo dont work) but gets thier very fast, also with 6 ton on the bed pulls hills very well, as for mileage i get around 12 mpg on free way in single axle drive, goes down of course with 2 and 3 axle drive but very fun, when i get home ill post pics of truck and motor for your referance, at the hospital for a few days, my son was born tuesday, big boy 9 lbs 2 oz:jumpin: yeaaaa!!! nice thing about a gm motor and trans fairly easy to find parts and cheaper to fix, this truck is a 54 m 211, my neighbor has a 46 international 6x6 that he wants 600 for, i am not sure of its designation but it runs and drives, very cool has the big 6 cyl with duall carbs and aluminum intake, is this a stock option??? hope this info was helpfull