• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246 wrecker tractor hydraulic hose replacement

RAYZER

Dang Ray, is that a Mack motor?! I thought all the 246 were gassers.

Also, whats the story with that deuce next to your wrecker? It looks like someone set it on fire...
Yes Robb, a Mack!, and she's a great runner!
The said deuce was set on fire late 2010 after the GR in 2010, there is a thread on it somewhere, the truck had a "convoy follows" sign behind the cab. I was getting ready to scrap this truck out when the wrecker hose blew!

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Glad to see all your hard work was worth it. Nice to have a mobile crane in the yard to pull up pesky trees .... & do the heavy lifting on your MV when the time comes! Cheers.

RAYZER

Had a chance to do some work with the crane!
Also, removed the swivel limiter which allows a continuous 360* rotation, and extended the 3rd boom out to obtain max length!
A word of caution when rotating 360* and having the boom raised at 45*, the short glad hand hose stand springs tend to hook the hydrolic hoses at the underside of the cable drum area (ask me how I know).
I'm cutting my stands off.
uploadfromtaptalk1398799184152.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398799347533.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398799426446.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398799466857.jpg

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice video, I'm starting to get dizzy....

By the way, I don't see your beer in the video. Who was holding it? You know, "hold my beer and watch this"????

FloridaAKM

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is strange that when you swing 360 you hit the hose stands, mine does NOT when I do 360, your hoses may be longer then OM.

RAYZER

That is strange that when you swing 360 you hit the hose stands, mine does NOT when I do 360, your hoses may be longer then OM.
It was in the counter clockwise direction when it happened, r side, it touches on the left as well.
Hoses look standard,yours might be short!:D

RAYZER

Nice video, I'm starting to get dizzy....

By the way, I don't see your beer in the video. Who was holding it? You know, "hold my beer and watch this"????
No beer involved here Ray!:D
However, here's the "hmbawt"
Close call!
While putting the crane through its paces and testing the new capabilitie of 360* (counter clickwise) rotation with the boom up at 45*, i snaged the the glad hand air hose stand with one of the drum spool hydrolic hoses,
fortunately I was listening and diverted disaster, I'm surprised that this didn't damage the hose! I would have been kicking myself in the Azz!

Note:I remember the stand being slightly bent inboard, probably the cause.

I'm grateful this happened during the trial instead of in the middle of real work!
Check your air stand/hose clearance!!uploadfromtaptalk1399122398422.jpg

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where's the other video you were posting Ray? Did you ever get it to work?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks