• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246 wrecker tractor hydraulic hose replacement

RAYZER

Dang Ray, is that a Mack motor?! I thought all the 246 were gassers.

Also, whats the story with that deuce next to your wrecker? It looks like someone set it on fire...
Yes Robb, a Mack!, and she's a great runner!
The said deuce was set on fire late 2010 after the GR in 2010, there is a thread on it somewhere, the truck had a "convoy follows" sign behind the cab. I was getting ready to scrap this truck out when the wrecker hose blew!

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Glad to see all your hard work was worth it. Nice to have a mobile crane in the yard to pull up pesky trees .... & do the heavy lifting on your MV when the time comes! Cheers.

RAYZER

Had a chance to do some work with the crane!
Also, removed the swivel limiter which allows a continuous 360* rotation, and extended the 3rd boom out to obtain max length!
A word of caution when rotating 360* and having the boom raised at 45*, the short glad hand hose stand springs tend to hook the hydrolic hoses at the underside of the cable drum area (ask me how I know).
I'm cutting my stands off.
uploadfromtaptalk1398799184152.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398799347533.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398799426446.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398799466857.jpg

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice video, I'm starting to get dizzy....

By the way, I don't see your beer in the video. Who was holding it? You know, "hold my beer and watch this"????

FloridaAKM

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is strange that when you swing 360 you hit the hose stands, mine does NOT when I do 360, your hoses may be longer then OM.

RAYZER

That is strange that when you swing 360 you hit the hose stands, mine does NOT when I do 360, your hoses may be longer then OM.
It was in the counter clockwise direction when it happened, r side, it touches on the left as well.
Hoses look standard,yours might be short!:D

RAYZER

Nice video, I'm starting to get dizzy....

By the way, I don't see your beer in the video. Who was holding it? You know, "hold my beer and watch this"????
No beer involved here Ray!:D
However, here's the "hmbawt"
Close call!
While putting the crane through its paces and testing the new capabilitie of 360* (counter clickwise) rotation with the boom up at 45*, i snaged the the glad hand air hose stand with one of the drum spool hydrolic hoses,
fortunately I was listening and diverted disaster, I'm surprised that this didn't damage the hose! I would have been kicking myself in the Azz!

Note:I remember the stand being slightly bent inboard, probably the cause.

I'm grateful this happened during the trial instead of in the middle of real work!
Check your air stand/hose clearance!!uploadfromtaptalk1399122398422.jpg

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where's the other video you were posting Ray? Did you ever get it to work?