• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M3 Halftrack Restoration

Dirt71

Just kinda playing around with this thing for right now. Put a quick coat of paint on it. Ordered a list of part's from Gary. (Interesting)

Track's-New
Wiring Harness-New
NOS Front Spring's with pin's
Fender's- Take off's

The track need's a bit more, but these were the bigger item's. I'm trying to wait until I have all the fund's and part's in place before I rip into this thing.
It's not easy!:jumpin:

Attachments

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy just below me in Seabring that had 3 of these halftracks, they there in outside storage, rough condtion. He sold the property about 7 years ago and moved. I know were he moved, and he moved alot of junk, but hope he did not scrap them. I will check this week.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dirt, you're smart to buy the new tracks while you can. They're gonna' dry up one day.

Dirt71

Could'nt stand it, had to go ahead and put it up in the air. Sprayed a coat of the 23070 on it to see which one I was going to like, it or the 33070. I'm going with the 33070 the early WW2 color. Part's will be here end of next week.

Attachments

yd328

Nice work, keep the pictures coming. Just remember longer pry bars, bigger jacks and bfh's8)
Gary

Dirt71

Removed the other track and brakedrum today. Brake's are a carbon copy of the other side, as to be expected. Next I will disassemble the bogie's and inspect, check all grease fitting's making sure they all move grease and reassemble.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dir 71 the M3 is going to be beautiful I am sure BUT I am really going to miss your 10 ton projects, whenever I was getting a littl down restoring my first Deuce all I had to do was come in and look at your projects and I could not wait to get in the shop! I hope whoever you sold them to has the same appreciation for them as you obviously did! Great luck with the tracks and I will stay tuned to the progress!
KK