• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M348 Camper conversion

Jakelc15

Those tires are for the truck. They're 11r24.5
The tires on the trailer are 9:00-20. I have a set of 11.00-20 I was going to put on it but they're pretty close in the wheel well. So I put them in the classifieds along with what's coming off the truck.

We're going camping again this coming weekend. I might try to get a fresh water tank mounted. Lots to do still.

Jakelc15

Mounted a 55 gal water barrel before we went camping last weekend. Basic, but it worked. Had the pump ran to a garden hose.
uploadfromtaptalk1408301866747.jpg

This weekend I painted the roof with the elastomeric rv roof paint. Seems to help with the temperature inside.
uploadfromtaptalk1408301959364.jpg

Jakelc15

Yeah, the drum was free. I'm contemplating painting it the proper color and making it permanent.
Just picked up some green behr exterior paint.

Jakelc15

We went to Codorus State park again. I should have charged admission for tours. Ray, you could easily "clean up" selling guided tours of your M146! It was fun, I like that the big green trailer is so well taken by other campers.

Jakelc15

5 50 watt solar panels on the roof, Morningstar Prostar 30 solar charge controller
4 Group 31 batteries
Iota 55 amp charger 120 to 12
750/1500 watt inverter
2500/5000 watt inverter
120v breaker panel w/ (2) 15 amp and (1) 20 amp breaker
12v circuit breakers and fuses

Everything is wired and works except I don't have a transfer switch. Right now I'm unplugging the shore power cord and plugging it into the inverter or generator. But I have to remember to unplug the battery charger when I'm unplugged.
I actually haven't been plugged into the grid in a couple weeks and the batteries are staying topped off from the solar.

Jakelc15

The breaker in my house that I plug my trailer into is 30 amp!
The trailer is wired as of now with the drivers side outlets on one 15 amp, passengers on the other 15 amp. Charger on the 20 amp.
No main breaker, the trailer is essentially an extension cord

RAYZER

The breaker in my house that I plug my trailer into is 30 amp!
The trailer is wired as of now with the drivers side outlets on one 15 amp, passengers on the other 15 amp. Charger on the 20 amp.
No main breaker, the trailer is essentially an extension cord
Here's the breaker panel I used with my setup, this panel can be converted to use a 30 amp main breaker and provides plenty of slots for expansion.
In my opinion,this style box with a 30a rv style power inlet plug wired in would lend to a safer and more versatile wiring scenario.
uploadfromtaptalk1409058907182.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409058956741.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks