• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Cab Hardtop vs. GMA insulated soft top

Welder Sam

oh nice. i have 3 hardtops(109,35a2, 816) and a soft top(35a2). the soft top is "my" truck. i think i like it soft. i took the top off enough to fold it forward, onto the hood to install electric wipers friday. was alot easier than i could imagine a hard top would be to get off. as far as noise, well... theyre all loud but i think the soft top is a bit louder in the drivers seat. as far as insulating, the soft top truck is warm enough that i turn off the heat or crack a window but it is a tad bit drafty at the cab corners. when i replace the 3 color one on it now, i think i will go with a tan one just for heat deflection in the summer.

if the channels are still omg tight after cleaning, like the passenger side was on mine, ya can spread them open a bit. i did and no probs at 65mph. had to do it once just to see if it would.

for what its worth, thats my thoughts and observations on the matter.

Last edited:

maxxplanck

hey good luck with ss member EMR and the soft top waiting almost 3 weeks now for him to get back to me. I talked several times in the last two weeks with GMA Cover to see if they had any extra tops, they want you to buy 30+ tops , no more single orders and the tops went up this month from $179 to $360. Try ebay or eriks surplus I ordered mine off ebay..

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Called GMA and I guess the days of the $200 tops are gone. Was quoted $360 plus shipping for a camo top. I don't want camo, I want green - they told me I'd have to order a minimum of 30.

Where the heck do I get a green one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks