• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 IR driving light

st8drumz

Been looking through threads trying to find tips on putting an IR light on my A2 but haven't been very successful. Need recommendations on location, wiring, etc. I was looking at putting is on the bumper between the headlight and turn signal and then using the wiring from the blackout driving light (rerouted). Thought the dual connectors on the back were + and - but cracked it open and discovered that the ground is the post. Any thoughts would be appreciated! THanks in advance!

rustystud

Been looking through threads trying to find tips on putting an IR light on my A2 but haven't been very successful. Need recommendations on location, wiring, etc. I was looking at putting is on the bumper between the headlight and turn signal and then using the wiring from the blackout driving light (rerouted). Thought the dual connectors on the back were + and - but cracked it open and discovered that the ground is the post. Any thoughts would be appreciated! THanks in advance!
The front bumper is a good place. The dual connectors are for Hi and Low beams.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The options listed have all been done. The underside of bumper was where mine were. Yep both connectors are pos. Ground through mounting post. Did a thread about this back about 2007 or 8.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mine have the clear lens in now but wired them to the black out drive circuit. I just used the high beam lead.
mrap bump.jpg

Last edited:

st8drumz

How did you do that with the high and low beam sockets? Or did you just up for one of the other?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

st8drumz

The options listed have all been done. The underside of bumper was where mine were. Yep both connectors are pos. Ground through mounting post. Did a thread about this back about 2007 or 8.

Looked in your thread history for the info you mentioned but didn't see it. Would it have been labeled relative to the topic (I assume)? Also, are you still doing vehicle info?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks