• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Power steering choices

Alumaduck

Thanks guys for the answer, sorry for the slow response, but that opens a lot more questions. Here they are: this truck does have a dump body, does that mean it is a 5 ton, and if it is, what model truck would it be. I won't be able to see this truck for another week or so to get a picture. If it is a M35 with 5 ton steering, is this a common upgrade, is it a good setup? And what does the newer 5 ton steering look like? Thanks again

rustystud

Thanks guys for the answer, sorry for the slow response, but that opens a lot more questions. Here they are: this truck does have a dump body, does that mean it is a 5 ton, and if it is, what model truck would it be. I won't be able to see this truck for another week or so to get a picture. If it is a M35 with 5 ton steering, is this a common upgrade, is it a good setup? And what does the newer 5 ton steering look like? Thanks again
If it has a dump and the steering is like that picture then the truck is a M54 series 5 ton with the LDS multifuel engine.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ehh fifty something series. A quick google search showed a dump and had it labeled 51. I did think 54 was the correct designation.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, actually the truck in question would be a M51A2 (M39 series 5ton Multifuel).

(3rd picture, to the right, shows the secondary and final fuel filters, typical for the MF)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks