• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Power steering choices

Alumaduck

Thanks guys for the answer, sorry for the slow response, but that opens a lot more questions. Here they are: this truck does have a dump body, does that mean it is a 5 ton, and if it is, what model truck would it be. I won't be able to see this truck for another week or so to get a picture. If it is a M35 with 5 ton steering, is this a common upgrade, is it a good setup? And what does the newer 5 ton steering look like? Thanks again

rustystud

Thanks guys for the answer, sorry for the slow response, but that opens a lot more questions. Here they are: this truck does have a dump body, does that mean it is a 5 ton, and if it is, what model truck would it be. I won't be able to see this truck for another week or so to get a picture. If it is a M35 with 5 ton steering, is this a common upgrade, is it a good setup? And what does the newer 5 ton steering look like? Thanks again
If it has a dump and the steering is like that picture then the truck is a M54 series 5 ton with the LDS multifuel engine.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ehh fifty something series. A quick google search showed a dump and had it labeled 51. I did think 54 was the correct designation.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, actually the truck in question would be a M51A2 (M39 series 5ton Multifuel).

(3rd picture, to the right, shows the secondary and final fuel filters, typical for the MF)