• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Replacement alternator

dilligaf13

Mine's just a 65 amp deal but that's way more power than it needs for the basic electrical system on these Deuces. I'm planning on upgrading to LED lights in the near future so I'll need even less power. You can get up to 200 amp pretty easily and relatively inexpensive.

trukhead

I did a 21si on my M35A3 if it helps...

I did a 21si on my M35A3 if it helps. The pictures of the process are on my SS handle.

trukhead

M35A3 with 21si one wire

The alternator was $99.00, the pulley was off the shelf, smaller diameter and $14.00. I was able to use the top bracket after drilling a half inch hole in the end and locate it forward. I fabbed the bracket to locate the alternator so I could use the original serpentine belt. The 1 wire 21si self exciter and it spins faster so it charges right away. I think the peak voltage is set lower so I don't notice the battery stink I use to when the volt needle is up to the arrow on the gauge. Now for the bad news, I thought the 21si was a delco but it is a wap, but it works so...........chinese or mexican, why don't we make them here????????????:confused:

Last edited:

FlaDude

What's the difference between the 21si, 22si & 27si? George says his bracket is designed for the 27si, but will any of these fit?
I also cannot find too many 24v 21, 22, or 27si on Ebay for less than $125. And that's generic. Are you all ordering 12v and converting them to 24v? Or is that possible?

parlay100

The mount of all three is a J-180 Mount. 27SI is the oldest and 21SI then the 22SI. The 22SI the the exact same as the 21 except it has @@ stamped into the back and longer brushes. The only way to make a 12 into a 24 is change the sator and regulator. Better off buying a 24V. Not sure what is on Ebay but i sell new 22SI 24V for $125.

tm america

The 27si alt I use with my 24volt kits is the best bang for the buck I have seen. It goes for around 115 and is a 65 amp alt.I spent weeks looking for the best options out there.if you find a better option please let me know but pats small engine is the best place I have found to get new alta

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone have a part number I could give to advance auto parts to get one on the way? I'm really wanting to drive my 931.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a part number I could give to advance auto parts to get one on the way? I'm really wanting to drive my 931.
Do you still need me to send the stock unit? I was going to box it up and send it today

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks