• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 A/C system

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Orren, I thought I would need to max out with the insulation until I got the unit in a hooked up. Plenty cold without extra or additional insulation. And I have a soft top. I did put some of the silver/foil, felt-type material(Auto carpet padding) behind the seats, but basically that's all I did. Dave

rustystud

I don't believe this guy ever had his system working. If you look at the picture he posted it shows there is no line out of the receiver-dryer. Just a blue cap. He was just a "want-a-be" .

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
post #1
I still have a few minor details to finish but sure is nice having ice cold a/c in my duece.

?

He posted #1 and #6 then went back to work 05052013

Last edited:

turnkey

Guy here in Ill put a A/C in his M35A2 ...works great and it does frost the windows...He really runs it all out in Dec thru March...really keeps things coooool.

rustystud

if you look closely the blue cap is a dust cap for the service port
No. The service port is not that large on this system. Also the receiver dryer only has two lines to it. One "in" and one "out". The "out" one is capped off. Also look closely at the condenser in front of the radiator in picture #1. There are no bolts holding it on. Look closely at the picture in his last post and you will not see any hoses going back to the firewall. Like I said it was all staged.

Last edited:

Polkchop

I may be wrong but I believe the guy sold this deuce a few years back. If it is the truck I think it is he actually did have the a/c functioning in the truck whenever I looked at it, and I considered the truck, but I wanted a turbo/winch truck.

rustystud

I may be wrong but I believe the guy sold this deuce a few years back. If it is the truck I think it is he actually did have the a/c functioning in the truck whenever I looked at it, and I considered the truck, but I wanted a turbo/winch truck.
Without any evidence to present it still is a bogus claim.

Hummer Guy

I know this is a very old thread, but I'm currently looking at doing the same with an electric underdash unit. I installed one similar in a humvee and it stops me from being extremely hot in 90-100 degrees. My only concern with the m35 is where I'll mount the condenser, the radiator is pretty close to grille

Reactions: HDN

HDN

I know this is a very old thread, but I'm currently looking at doing the same with an electric underdash unit. I installed one similar in a humvee and it stops me from being extremely hot in 90-100 degrees. My only concern with the m35 is where I'll mount the condenser, the radiator is pretty close to grille
How big is the condenser?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks