• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 block heater

greenjeepster

I guess Virginia doesn't get cold enough for anybody there to have a block heater in a gas car... here is one application list from kats that Amazon publishes.
Amazon.com: Kats 11610 600 Watt 38mm Frost Plug Heater: Automotive

I did not see a single diesel vehicle on it.

Here is a list for diesels; not one says to put one in a water pump. http://www.a-and-lsystems.com/In-Block Heaters(1).pdf. Also note that unless is a small 4 cyl. all of them are 750 watt plus..

TM: I figured that statement that you were staying out of the block heater threads was an empty promise ;)

Last edited:

73X

Okay I decided a while ago that I was not going to get involved in the drama in this thread but now I have to add my two cents.
Westfolk and TM obviously have more practical experience than GreenJeepster. That being said I also feel I do as well. Here in Farmington Hills Mi. we have had lows at night in the single digits and during the day our highs have been in the high teens to low twenties and today our high is supposed to be 15. I do not care about theory or the b.s that loves to argue, the fact is that my truck with no intake flame heater and without using the cold start ether kit starts right up and gives me oil pressure quicker along with cab heat with the hot water heater I installed.
It is my opinion that this thread should be terminated and should have been 15 pages ago. All we have in this thread is senseless arguing. :evil::evil: So everyone agree to disagree and quit. Those of us that have block heaters know how well they work those that do not quit your complaining or put one in then comment.
As for me I will go back to my warm truck and let this thread carry on. End of rant..

greenjeepster

It has been about 80 here this last week. I would think block heaters would be the last thing on anybodies mind right now.

I wasn't arguing that they didn't work; just advocating that they are used efficiently and where they were designed to be placed.

militarysteel

The 600 watt screw in kind works fabolous, also adds as a addtional selling feature
important when you are gettin 10 k for a Duce , it's worth the 20 something bucks any time of year

ICAT

I trying to find the heater that screw in the port by the water pump. Before you say it, yes i used the search but all i could find were freeze plug heaters.
Thanks

merlot566jka

All the friction in this thread could have heated my deuce for 10 years!

I want to put a bottle style hotstart coolant heater on my deuce, and I cant see if anyone else has done it. Its the same kind used on standby generators (what I do for work, 15 Liter -100 Liter industrial diesel generators). I replaced one that had a frayed cord, which I easily fixed, and now have my own 1200w 120v coolant heater.

I just want to know if i can plumb it into the heater hoses so the heat circulates through the heater AND block...

roscoe

$129 on ebay!!?? You guys are nuts. They are $20 shipped on amazon if you have a $35 order.
That's where I bought the one for my current truck. I think they are around $27 and some change. Worked great all last winter at sub zero temperatures. The biggest problem I had in getting the truck started was the battery charge on the super cold days.

JasonS

The little 600W screw in block heater isn't worth the effort and doesn't get the heat where you need it (in my experience). You need a 1000W or 1500W heater tank heater to be meaningful when it is really cold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks