• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Chrome 4 inch stack and 5 Ton airfilter install

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got any pics of plumbing the air filter to the turbo? The stock 5ton tube doesn't work. I found a tube from an IH that is pretty darn close, but I like to see what others are doing.

Jeepsinker

And can you remove the filter from the housing without un bolting the box and sliding it over? I've been planning on doing this to mine, just without the ugly chrome.

armytruck63

I like the functionality of what you did, but I see one problem. Photo #1 shows that you created a huge blind spot to the right. I would go for a simple mushroom cap, at least for on-road use.

Turbo Detroit

Sorry been outa town for a bit.....the 5 ton stuff came of a 800 series wrecker......i have to remove housing to change filter element....but its easy to remove takes about 5 min start to finish......The snorkel is made by donaldson it is a 6 inch top with reducer to 5inch....it doesnt restrict my veiw.....nor does it cause blindspots.....as far as the chrome stack some ppl like it some hate it.....lmfao i personally dont care what ppl think i like it...... so thats that....and gimpy will upload pics hopefully tomorrow and will give a list of all materials and were i purchased them from.

Last edited:

Turbo Detroit

Sorry been outa town for a bit.....the 5 ton stuff came of a 800 series wrecker......i have to remove housing to change filter element....but its easy to remove takes about 5 min start to finish......The snorkel is made by donaldson it is a 6 inch top with reducer to 5inch....it doesnt restrict my veiw.....nor does it cause blindspots.....as far as the chrome stack some ppl like it some hate it.....lmfao i personally dont care what ppl think, i like it so thats that....and gimpy will upload pics hopefully tomorrow and will give a list of all materials and were i purchased them from.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No hurry, I have had my 5ton air filter housing blasted and painted waiting to go on the truck for a couple years. I can wait another day or 30.

:)

Jeepsinker

Chrome has no place on a military vehicle. I'm not here to bash you man, but you shoulda bought a freightliner or something. You certainly will be taken a lot less seriously with that stack on there.

Turbo Detroit

lmfao chrome has no place on a military vehicle says who? You? lmfao im not on here to impress anybody...just to share some ideas and help other ppl who wana do the same thing as i do. A freightliner you say? LOL I have a Pete 379 with a N-14 Redtop Cummins....So no freightliner....and as far as me being taken seriously......well i have done already proven that im serious about what i do...I gota whistler Turbo on a 6.2 in my 1028...i was told that the 6.2 would never spool that turbo and also that it wouldnt make no power, would blow headgaskets etc etc etc......LMFAO proved them wrong....and dont worry you ant gota bash me ppl like you make me try even harder to do the impossible...lol thanks for the insperation...lol....and gimmpy will send pm with pics of turbo to air filter if you want.

Hainebd

Throughout history man has told the creative that what they do is wrong. I say, I am glad that the vision of those visionaries were not dimmed by others views. Keep dreaming and creating. This is how we as a human race grows, if not we still be living in caves eating raw meat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks