• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Chrome 4 inch stack and 5 Ton airfilter install

Turbo Detroit

Alright i used the stock deuce pipe from turbo up to air filter housing. I cut the two 90 degree bends and discarded the rest of the pipe.....I then purchased a 3inch to 3inch spectre coupling, a 2inch to 3inch spectre coupling to go from turbo to first 90 degree bend, and then asheville powertrain supplied the 3 inch to 4 inch coupler to go from the second 90 degree to the 5 ton pipe thru the fender.....and before anybody bashes the autozone couplers been running this setup three months before i even posted the pics and have not had any issues....i sprayed Wd-40 around each coupler at both sides and i havent got any leaks......here is the pics
more pics 122.jpgmore pics 123.jpg

Attachments

Jeepsinker

Dude, I think you got me wrong. I'm not trying to be a d*ck. You've done good work there, and by all means do what you want to your truck. All I'm saying is that chrome and camo don't mix well. Kinda like painting a house purple with pink polka dots.
I don't know what your future plans are for the truck, maybe you want to paint it another color that would go better with the chrome, maybe you'll leave it as is. Doesn't really matter if you like it I guess. I am certain that at some point a veteran will ask you why in the world the stack is chrome though. That's all I'm saying. I don't care one way or another what you have on your truck, it isn't mine, but as you know this is the internet where opinions run wild and all I did was state mine.
I should have chosen my words more carefully. My apologies.

Turbo Detroit

No harm done ....sorry if I was kinda nasty in my post......my whole life I have felt like I had to prove myself......so I'm usually quick to get defensive......I'm really a nice person just high strung so I'm told.I got a great deal on the stack and couldn't pass it up not to mention I wanted a 4 inch anyway......I had planned on getting it powder coated but hadn't got around to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks