• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Crew cab w/ tandems

HASSON1911

Well, her she is as promised, the truck i found a week ago. The story behind her is that about 5 years ago the owner had dogs for the iditarod sled race, and was making this truck to keep both him and his dogs in the same truck, but one day when he was at work his neighbor ran his dogs over with a disc and tractor because they wouldn't stop barking the night before :cry:. Well to say the least he lost steam for the build and quit. So, fast forward to today the truck sat in the same spot from when he stopped working on it and hasn't moved since. But i asked him if we could try start it and he said yes. threw some new batteries and clean fuel. BOOM i don't think i held the stater for more than 2 sec. There is some work obviously to be done but if he doesn't ask for an arm and a leg Isabell might be getting a sister!:-D

Attachments

RavageRitual

Did he shoot his neighbor, because I would have. Check that, my wife would have gotten to that man before I could; she loves our 5 dogs more than me:mrgreen: Looks like quite a project! Good Luck!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hasson,
Great base to start your project on.
What is the bed from? Looks maybe like a chopped down dump bed.

HASSON1911

That's what i was thinking too quarks is that it looks like a dump box just without the wooden side. And Ravage I too would have had to gone to jail if anybody ever did that to my dogs, its really just sickening that a person can do that with no repercussions. And docker I believe he put it so high to actually put his gear and cloths so he had more room in the box for his dogs. The crew cab was supposed to be made into a sleeper sort.

HASSON1911

The great part about this truck asides from the solid engine and other features. All the steel and doors fenders and other accessories needed is actually all the materials you see in the back of it. So its all there just"Some assembly required"

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did he shoot his neighbor, because I would have. Check that, my wife would have gotten to that man before I could; she loves our 5 dogs more than me:mrgreen: Looks like quite a project! Good Luck!

I was about to ask how long he was in jail for, or was the judge a dog lover. That is one sick neighbor that would do that to someone's dogs.

Looks like a great project, subscribed.

plym49

What happened to the neighbor? Did he happen to fall into a bush hogger?

I guess this is one time when 'ran when parked' actually came true.

HASSON1911

Well, from what i heard not too much came from it since there was no technical proof. I would sure think a bloody disc and tracks would be enough. But I do believe that his tractor never ran "right" or at all for that matter. Where these guys live they don't go to the law. They will do what they believe is an equal punishment. But some times they have gotten out of control. Thus why I love reading the court report from our paper.

connectingbar

I had someone kill my black and tan coon dog once a long time ago because they thought it was cruel to hunt coons with dogs. Lets just say it would have been better to have the police visit him rather than me. That dog really was my best friend and i still miss him.

HASSON1911

I know what you mean connectingbar. I had a dog from that came from the MN dock jumping championship. I got him for free when i was 13 as a pup because he was the lazy one of the bunch. Well, he wasn't lazy he was a pup, they are all lazy. Just as he was becoming a great duck dog I came home from school one day and he was gone, but my other lab and German Shepherd was still here. Weird huh. I find that S.O.B. that he'll have a funny walk if he is lucky enough to walk again.

HASSON1911

WM I believe that he stretched an M35 and reinforced the cuts. And Possum I would bob her only after I get the Coffers to get a lift and 395's!