• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 driver seat

woodjointer

anybody here ever change the driver seat ? and with what? while mine is in grate shape it bottoms out over all the bounces and is very uncomfortable. would a bucket seat from a full size pick up work or do i need one from a rig? i didnt look at the mounting set up yet. thank you

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
moved to the proper forum.

Many members use the seats out of a big rig. Just ask Gimppy

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a big truck cab shock that is the bomb on the deuce. Real stiff so it does not move much in the bouncy stuff but I think of that as a good thing. I have replacement Monroe's for the five tons. I am not currently able to provide the part numbers for either but could with time.

HanksDeuce

You could always upgrade to an air ride military seat. Going price is $400-500 each (brand new) plus shipping. Not bad for a seat that retails for $2,500 (Surplus retail sticker).

I just finished installing mine. The ride is much better and the seats helped me upgrade from lap belts to 3 point integrated seat belts. Just run an air line that terminates at a 1/4" push-connect air fitting to each seat. Manufacturer told me they can take anything from 80-120psi of air pressure.

Attachments

R Racing

You could always upgrade to an air ride military seat. Going price is $400-500 each (brand new) plus shipping. Not bad for a seat that retails for $2,500 (Surplus retail sticker).

I just finished installing mine. The ride is much better and the seats helped me upgrade from lap belts to 3 point integrated seat belts. Just run an air line that terminates at a 1/4" push-connect air fitting to each seat. Manufacturer told me they can take anything from 80-120psi of air pressure.
Those look nice !!!

welldigger

They are but tough to find a replacement seat pads for. I need 1 for my A3 cant remember if its top or bottom?
Actually they are super easy to find. Hmmwv seats are identical. That's actually what's in my picture. I installed 2 a3 suspension bases and topped them with n.o.s hmmwv seats.

drivebymashing

I have some seats out of a contour SVT I have been thinking about putting in my deuce. Something just feels wrong about doing that. They are so comfy though...

rustystud

I have some seats out of a contour SVT I have been thinking about putting in my deuce. Something just feels wrong about doing that. They are so comfy though...
At this stage in my life, comfort out ways all else ! As it is, just driving the car down to the grocery store makes me walk like "Yoda" when I first get out !

woodjointer

I ordered the polaris snowmobile shock on ebay for $12. that should be in about a week, if no better then i will look for comfy bucket seats. I agree on comfort with you guys on this. after a few hours over rugged terrain i'm shot. the driver seat is an inch of foam over plywood. they could have done better!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks