• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 driver seat

skinnyR1

I ordered the polaris snowmobile shock on ebay for $12. that should be in about a week, if no better then i will look for comfy bucket seats. I agree on comfort with you guys on this. after a few hours over rugged terrain i'm shot. the driver seat is an inch of foam over plywood. they could have done better!
I agree. After putting about 500 miles on my truck over two trips last month, I had to do something about the seat. I bought an A3 seat, and am putting it on the springer base. I will also be putting the air bag in that is referenced above.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could always upgrade to an air ride military seat. Going price is $400-500 each (brand new) plus shipping. Not bad for a seat that retails for $2,500 (Surplus retail sticker).

I just finished installing mine. The ride is much better and the seats helped me upgrade from lap belts to 3 point integrated seat belts. Just run an air line that terminates at a 1/4" push-connect air fitting to each seat. Manufacturer told me they can take anything from 80-120psi of air pressure.
How did you attach the 3 point seatbelts? 2 of the points are self-explanatory but what about the shoulder strap?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to the scrap yard, searched for and removed an air ride seat out of an International cab, modified it slightly to fit the high-back humvee military seat and my ars* is very happy. It is amazing what the physical disconnect from every darn pot hole does for the overall quality of the ride. It still rides like an oxcart, but like a very comfortable oxcart.

Cost: $50 plus a few bucks for air line fittings. It also looks darn stock....as if the military would have spent the extra bucks! Ha!

If you want to do it right, adjust your current seat for comfortable height and measure accurately how high above the cab floor the seat cushion top on the new seat needs to be. Use this measurement to identify a suitable air ride seat. They need to "inflate" some and move higher, from their empty position, so make sure you do not get one that is too high from the get-go.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?170676-Air-ride-seat-installed-)

Last edited:

Charlie175

Old thread, but on my spring ride seat back, how do you get the back to stay up? I slide it up for the height I want, but it slides right back down. Seems to need a locking mechanism of sorts.

Another Ahab

Old thread, but on my spring ride seat back, how do you get the back to stay up? I slide it up for the height I want, but it slides right back down. Seems to need a locking mechanism of sorts.
I wish I knew something useful to tell you, but I right useless about a lot.

Guessing that you never got a reply, Charlie 175.

Is that right?

ToddJK

Yeah it kinda stays up sometimes. I do like the seat since I redid the shock. Made a big difference.
I know this is almost a year ago,but I like the back up too, to keep it from sliding down,I put a couple hose clamps on it and those stop it from sliding down, but you'll need to loosen them if you need to slide the back down again.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who was it, wrote here once, the first step to solve any problem is:

- first off just staring at it like a moron for a while....
"The first step of any quality repair job is to just sit and stare at it like a moron for a while."

It's someone's signature. I'll remember exactly whose about 0300 when I'm dead asleep.

ToddJK

For giggles I was looking at FB marketplace to see what kind of seats people are getting rid of for cheap and some have some decent seats for decent prices, but one thing that really caught my eye was some used forklift seats, especially the Toyota seats. Having been a forklift operator for years, I can remember my arse sitting in one of those yota's for 12 hrs a day and never felt like it would on the stick spring seat in the deuce after 6hrs. The other thing was that the forklift seats have a steel frame on the bottom that bolts in to the frame that's on the forklift,which really isn't much different than that of how the spring seat is. Has anyone ever tried a forklift seat as a driver seat? Another thing I noticed, it has the seat belt attached as well. For $20, I'm debating if it's worth a shot or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks