• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 has been sitting for 40+ years…

ToddJK

Pictures are worth a thousand words. From a description, sounds like a crap shoot. From the picture perspective, it looks to be in great shape! Hopefully the owner can be reached, if you get that truck for $3k or less, that's one heck of a start. Since this thread has quite the following started, I think everyone is gonna be curious to see how much this truck gets let go for but also, the condition the motor and trans are in. For all we know, some new batteries,fuel, filters, she might fire right up, it's happened before 🤷

bprzyw

Umm, yea, it was not outside for 30 years, impossible. Looks way too nice. Is there any PM tags on the inside of the driver’s side door? That will tell you when it was last maintained, at least by the military. Very fine looking truck.
Open the fuel tank and give her a sniff test, lol. Bring a flashlight to check fuel color… might be easier than you think. Are they 11x20’s on there? Troop seats, spare. Maybe parked for the last 3 years, but not 30. Those seats are beautiful unlike mine. Mileage,
hours?

banditt1979

I say buy it. Mine sat for at least 8-9 years, although inside, but it fired up fairly quickly even though the tank pump wasn't functioning. I had about 10k in it before I really dug in with shipping and a trailer and some spare parts. Its a fun hobby! And I too love the stories of a nonfunctioning classic being brought back to life. I restored a 1970 Firebird that needed an engine, transmission, axle rebuild, all brakes, fenders, hood, quarters, rear frame, trunk, front frame, floor work, all interior. I'm glad I did and I bet you will be happy making memories with your dad on this one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks