• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 insurance... need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A/C Cages

I have Hagerty insurance and I have it listed as an on/off road recreational vehicle for only $138 a year.
I have made one claim already with them after being hit while sitting still at a red light. The old lady plowed right into me head on puncturing my left drive tire and ripping off the bumper step. Hagerty with no problems or questions paid for a new tire and I just hammered the step flat and welded it back on. They never raised my rates or tried to cancel me.
I have antique plates on it too.
So why bash a company whos done their job with no quarrels at all?

paulfarber

I have Hagerty insurance and I have it listed as an on/off road recreational vehicle for only $138 a year.
I have made one claim already with them after being hit while sitting still at a red light. The old lady plowed right into me head on puncturing my left drive tire and ripping off the bumper step. Hagerty with no problems or questions paid for a new tire and I just hammered the step flat and welded it back on. They never raised my rates or tried to cancel me.
I have antique plates on it too.
So why bash a company whos done their job with no quarrels at all?
Because you were within the policys limit. Most guys use the trucks off road, or with cargo, or more than to-from events.

Also you were using the collision portion, not the liability... they turned around and sued the old lady and got back cost+. They like that.

Whitey

fuzzytoaster, just got a quote yesterday from Geico $368.00 a year, liability only, clean driving record, & multi vehicle discount. 1985 1009 "Blazer", est value of $4,500, 2,000 est miles a year. Thought that was a bit high considering I might not drive it as much as I like due to a busy work schedule and not wanting to get too much rot from driving in road salt in our lovely MD winters (just remembering last year).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just paid my bill to progressive today. $475.00 for 6 months...just minimum allowable liability in Georgia.

That's for an M37, M185A3, M54A1(commercial plates for weight) but restricted from commercial use for insurance, and an M38A1.

The smaller trucks were no problem but Progressive wanted pics of the M54A1 (Guntruck)...again.

I think I could get it a little cheaper with collector insurance but don't wanna deal with restrictions etc, even though I won't drive any of them prolly 500 miles a year.:driver:

paulfarber

Only thing I found Geico good for was its $30 a year cheaper for my motorcycle. Progressive was $212 Geico is $180.

They did list a multicar discount as $82! WOW.

Gonna try Travelers (doubtful) but I am going to try a local agent and see if they have more companies to submit to.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fuzzytoaster, just got a quote yesterday from Geico $368.00 a year, liability only, clean driving record, & multi vehicle discount. 1985 1009 "Blazer", est value of $4,500, 2,000 est miles a year. Thought that was a bit high considering I might not drive it as much as I like due to a busy work schedule and not wanting to get too much rot from driving in road salt in our lovely MD winters (just remembering last year).
Mine was for a deuce. I wouldnt see an issue insuring a cucv.

Munk

I also run with Hagerty. I have both my m35a2 and my 109a3 on a policy and it is hardly over $200 for a year. this includes thefth, towing, glass, everything. I told the guy what i was using them for and he said that was fine. The biggest requirement was that they had to be able to get into a building. I am more than satisfied with the service i get from them and the more you put on the cheaper they get.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please remember that insurance AGENTS are SALESPEOPLE paid on COMMISSION. They will say and do things that are in THEIR best interests not necessarily YOURS.

The #1 thing you need to do after buying coverage from any company is READ THE POLICY!!! Especially the section that describes YOUR INSURED AUTO (or in this case truck) and the section titled EXCEMPTIONS. These 2 areas are where insurance companies can find ways to deny a claim no matter how long you've been with them or what they told you in the past. If the policy says there is a 10k pound limit to an INSURED AUTO then YOU DON'T HAVE INSURANCE!! Don't believe the outhouse lawyers that tell you different. It is you responsibility once you get the policy to make sure everything is correct. Just because you told them it was this (whether technically correct or not) if it does not conform to the policy they send you in the mail then it YOUR fault not theirs (the way they, and the courts, see it).

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my insurance here in Florida through Classic Collectors, can drive 7500 miles a year, keep the vehicle in a fenced area, $100/$300, no collision, free roadside assistance and it costs me $106 a year. I sent pixs with the application so they know what they are insuring. My agent is with Nationwide and found this policy for me.;)
DH

Smokinyoda

I pay $30 every 6 months for liability on one and $70 every 6 months for full coverage ($10k replacement value) on my other deuce through Sate Farm. M35A2 is clearly listed as model on the policy. My agent even came out and took several pictures of them all so they know what they are insuring.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Med Life on my house and 10 cars one of them a M35A2 . The duces is 240 dollars a year . Med Life would not cover more than 10 so I have State Farm on my M816 245.00 every 6 months ,M1009 132 .00 every 6 months and 100.00 every 6 months on the Gamma Goat. I took the M816 down to the State Farm office to make sure they new what it was a heavy wrecker 33,500 LB.
AEC Retired Tony

SSG ALBANESE

I am not sure if someone reccommended it but I am not going though 56 posts to find out lol.

I use hagerty insurance company. They are a classic car insurance agency.

When I called this is what I said, "Hi, umm I want to insure my truck", "what kind?" they asked...... "well this is hard to explain sir, its an old army truck.... its a 6x6 semi truck thing" "you have a deuce sir?"....... WAIT WHAT? You know what I am talking about??? Yes sir we have M35 in our system. What model? Standard M35?A1?A2?

Thats basically how the conversation went. Anyway I pay about 75.00 bucks a year for 3,500$ of coverage. They base your payment on what you think the value of your truck is, your supposed yearly mileage. They do require that you "tell" them its garaged, hangerd, something to that nature.

The only downside is roadside assistance. Its not their fault its more of less finding a civi truck to recover the 13,000LBS beast. Other than that good stuff.

Whitey

I am not sure if someone reccommended it but I am not going though 56 posts to find out lol.

I use hagerty insurance company. They are a classic car insurance agency.

When I called this is what I said, "Hi, umm I want to insure my truck", "what kind?" they asked...... "well this is hard to explain sir, its an old army truck.... its a 6x6 semi truck thing" "you have a deuce sir?"....... WAIT WHAT? You know what I am talking about??? Yes sir we have M35 in our system. What model? Standard M35?A1?A2?

Thats basically how the conversation went. Anyway I pay about 75.00 bucks a year for 3,500$ of coverage. They base your payment on what you think the value of your truck is, your supposed yearly mileage. They do require that you "tell" them its garaged, hangerd, something to that nature.

The only downside is roadside assistance. Its not their fault its more of less finding a civi truck to recover the 13,000LBS beast. Other than that good stuff.
I would recommend not fibbing on the garaged issue. Think if a tree limb would fall on the cab and you go to file a claim and they ask why it was sitting outside. Look into Gulfway or search it here. No garage clause and they are a breeze to deal with.

-Whitey

Status
Not open for further replies.