• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 recovery Alabama to Chicago

ryan77

Color of oil? Hang in there.:grd:
God bless,
Tony:D

Its not engine oil! Its gear oil once i shut her down i get a puddle from the fording plug and a spray when driving. My buddy was following in my wifes mini van which is covered in gear oil and diesel! Guess i will wash that tomorrow.:whistle:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ryan....glad she got you home with minimal interference from Murphy........as much as I love a deuce you didn't have enough money to have me drive it up there.rofl

Are your ears ringing or did you stop and get some hearing protection?

I hope you have a lot of fun with her.

ryan77

Ryan....glad she got you home with minimal interference from Murphy........as much as I love a deuce you didn't have enough money to have me drive it up there.rofl

Are your ears ringing or did you stop and get some hearing protection?

I hope you have a lot of fun with her.

I had on ear plugs and my left ear is ringing!! But that one is shot any ways! I think i lost 10 lbs in that sweat box! My rear is killing me from the great ride quality! Would i do that drive again. Ask me in a week! If i answer now i would say no way!!!!

DieselBob

Great to hear your trip was a success. [thumbzup] Don't forget to check the vent on top of the transmission. They are just like the ones on the axles and if it sticks shut it will let the pressure in the transmission build up when it gets hot and can cause the fluid to purge out the input shaft retainer.

phil2968

..I think i lost 10 lbs in that sweat box! My rear is killing me from the great ride quality!
How did you run it? With the side windows open? For future rides in the heat of summer, close all the vents, side windows and rear windows and open the windshield a small amount. The air moving through the windshield will force all the hot air in the cab out all the holes in the body and keep engine heat out of the cab. Its works very well when moving. When stopped in traffic though be prepared to roll down a side window. Roll it back up when under way to start the deuce cooling system.
It really works! Thanks to Recovry4x4 for this helpful info. He should know, he lives in the sweat box of the south!

ryan77

How did you run it? With the side windows open? For future rides in the heat of summer, close all the vents, side windows and rear windows and open the windshield a small amount. The air moving through the windshield will force all the hot air in the cab out all the holes in the body and keep engine heat out of the cab. Its works very well when moving. When stopped in traffic though be prepared to roll down a side window. Roll it back up when under way to start the deuce cooling system.
It really works! Thanks to Recovry4x4 for this helpful info. He should know, he lives in the sweat box of the south!

I had the windows rolled up and the vent open worked great! But when i got stuck in construction going through Louisville and then i sat on 65 right around Layafette for 2 hrs for a gawker's road jam due to a broke down car! And any other slow moving you cook. But im kind of used to it from working in Boiler rooms in the summer but at work i can walk out for a break!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks