• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Starter Wiring

Tenwheels

Hi all! I am an idiot. I took the starter out of my deuce and a half last year and now I don't remember how the wiring hooks up... Does anyone have a picture or could someone go take one of theirs properly hooked up? Thanks!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all! I am an idiot. I took the starter out of my deuce and a half last year and now I don't remember how the wiring hooks up... Does anyone have a picture or could someone go take one of theirs properly hooked up? Thanks!
20200612_170629.jpg20200612_170611.jpg
Hope this helps. Also, I cant guarantee this is correct, since I am new to Deuces. But my starter works great.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use a volt meter so you get it right. 24 volts melts things! Put it on ohms, go from the block or chassis to one of the cables, it should have a good contact, <10 ohms resistance. That goes to the ground stud...the one on the starter motor. The other side should have an open circuit, WAY >10 ohms, this goes to the B+ stud....the one on the solenoid on top of the starter motor. To check that, go from the relay mounted on the block above the starter/below the exhaust pipe, leave it...the VOM...on ohms and one of the cables...the one that goes to the starter solenoid...should have <10 ohms resistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks