• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Starter Wiring

Tenwheels

Hi all! I am an idiot. I took the starter out of my deuce and a half last year and now I don't remember how the wiring hooks up... Does anyone have a picture or could someone go take one of theirs properly hooked up? Thanks!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all! I am an idiot. I took the starter out of my deuce and a half last year and now I don't remember how the wiring hooks up... Does anyone have a picture or could someone go take one of theirs properly hooked up? Thanks!
20200612_170629.jpg20200612_170611.jpg
Hope this helps. Also, I cant guarantee this is correct, since I am new to Deuces. But my starter works great.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use a volt meter so you get it right. 24 volts melts things! Put it on ohms, go from the block or chassis to one of the cables, it should have a good contact, <10 ohms resistance. That goes to the ground stud...the one on the starter motor. The other side should have an open circuit, WAY >10 ohms, this goes to the B+ stud....the one on the solenoid on top of the starter motor. To check that, go from the relay mounted on the block above the starter/below the exhaust pipe, leave it...the VOM...on ohms and one of the cables...the one that goes to the starter solenoid...should have <10 ohms resistance.