• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 un-insurable

SpyDad

Insurance Companies

I tried getting it through my Allstate agent, but he was not able to do it, but he is also a SAFECO agent and he insured me through SAFECO. It is running about $180.00 a year.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking people just read the title, and go post. :roll:

Obviously, reading the whole thread and understanding it(especially the first post) is important, if you are going to make a useful contribution to the thread.

Or.... Do all of you guys that posted your insurance companies, all have Drinking and driving convictions?:shock:

Last edited:

Oilleaker1

DWAI is your downfall! Park it until you get off that list or designation. Insurance companies share that info. That is frankly the same as blacklisting which is illlegal. All your insurance will soon follow suit. The locals that wrote you now have you on their watch list and will pull you over if they get a chance for nothing. Makes you feel like a Jew during the German/Hitler days. I wish you the best. Your Deuce will wait for you!:grin:

Josh

You could try Bristol, they are a subsidary of Farmers, and they insured my friend with a DUI on a 2007 Dodge 3500. I dont know if they touch big trucks like the deuce, but it cant hurt to check with them.

scrapman

The DWAI that you mentioned, is it safe to assume it was some some sort of a drinking & driving offense? If it was it will be hard to get insurance on a large truck for 2-3 years. I'm afraid that if this is the case, you shot your ownself in the foot on this one. We are not saints on here but, we assume the risks and consequences when we D&D so there will be no sympathy to be found here because of your own bad decision.

kbush

Thanks Josh. Worth a shot. I'd sell it before I just let it sit....Let somebody else enjoy the s.o.b. I've put a lot of money into it too. When I got it took like 3 pumps on the brakes to have moderate braking. After adding a new MC, air pack, and bleeding and adjusting each shoe, the pedal is rock hard and I can lock them on the dirt very easily. Spin on oil filters, spin on primary filter. New soft top on the way, has a nice clean hard top now. New tires. New seat cushions. Just painted 3 color rapco........

All that and more and I cant even drive the bloody thing.

kbush

I'm not looking for any sympathy scrap man. I've beat myself up over the thing a lot. Believe me. I work full-time for a railroad. Actually I was fairly responsible (for age of 23) before I even got the drinking and driving offense. I had been an engineer and a fine one at that. Now I know better. Live and learn I guess. Learn the hard way for me it seems, every time! hehe

scrapman

Don't WAA-WAA because you can't drive it. Were you a better driver with a few in you? Be happy you only lost the ability to drive a heavy truck and you don't have to live with the guilt of maiming or killing somebody. You must have been driving or acting erratic enough to be cited for the offense. And for all we know the LEO may have written for a lesser offense to have a little mercy on you. This trucks can be dangerous enough without an impaired driver.

kbush

You don't know the situation scrap man. I was TOTALLY new to this town. I had to FOLLOW my boss to know how to get to the bar. There are two main streets through this town. Both one way streets. Took a wrong turn and was seen driving the wrong way down the wrong main street making my way home. I realize was I did was TOTALLY irresponsible. Yes I also realize how lucky I am and that it could have been far worse. I dont need this **** from you. I'm not being a whiny little bitch. You dont ****in know me. How could I be a better driver? Ive heard kids say they think they are and thats total bull****. You think Im just going to keep drinking and driving and that Im hopeless too I suppose?

emr

the progtressive lady i just did my M 38 with said they only want to do cheapo low policys for antique stuff, if we want full coverage , to do the other specialty insurers, i do the minimum and am going with them next week on the deuce and five ton,

yeesh , i did not read the rest of this, glad i did not, and am not going to read any more, i will say one drink is to many to drive though for anyone, no matter what they think, i sure know people including myself can handle more, but the law is sooo crazy it is just silly in my eyes to ever chance it, i refuse to drink and drive, all things pass, good luck with the bad thing going on, all the best...

Last edited:

WOLFMAN1

relax kbush, your right he doesn't know the situation. people make mistakes all the time and have to pay he'' before they can set it right. try safeauto and some of the other places people have mentioned and good luck

scrapman

You complained that you can't get insurance on the truck when the actual problem is you. You complained that you spent alot of money on your truck and now you can't drive it because noone wants to insure a high risk person such as yourself. Young male under 25 yrs, are you single? You earned yourself a DUAI which is a negative factor. And since you opened the door "whiney bitch" Yep that's about what you sound like. OK I'll concede to the fact that you did not own the truck when you got tagged for the DUAI but your poor judgement that day could lead to the logical assumption you would have driven any vehichle in your possesion. You also come off as some little boy with your temper tantrum "you don't ****in' know me " and other responses in that line. So don't be a Keyboard Kommando, and don't cry when you are told you *****UP. The only solution to your problem is time and $$$$$.

asgtoolman

:deadhorse:I think this forum has used up it's usefulness--ALL insurance companies and their quirks have been listed and only kbush knows all the facts about his situation and rehashing them is doing no one any REAL good or providing any REAL answers.:deadhorse:

pyrogod117

OK I'll concede to the fact that you did not own the truck when you got tagged for the DUAI but your poor judgement that day could lead to the logical assumption you would have driven any vehichle in your possesion.
I agree with you that he may have driven any vehicle he had at the time, and yes he made poor choices but now I hope he's learned a very valuable lesson from it and in the future won't make those choices again. The argument you are having against him is just fueling the fire and not helping anyone at all. It's just wasting your time and his time and filling the thread with junk irrelevant to the topic. You may not have made the mistake of getting a DWAI or something along that line in your lifetiem, but I'm sure you've made some mistakes, just like I have, and just like everyone else has.

In his original post, he indirectly asked for assistance in finding an insurance company that would carry him/his deuce with the DWAI. So far I've read this entire thread, and I haven't really seen any useful information, yet it's 4 pages long. 4 pages of nothing but a list of insurance companies everyone uses, although I'm sure most won't carry him with the DWAI, and some arguing.

Maybe he did make the mistake of putting money into the deuce without finding an insurance company first, but what's done is done. Why waste time beating him up about it?

It's not my thread, but if I were a moderator, I'd delete all of the useless garbage out of here and let it start over with something that might actually help him and possibly and members that have this issue in the future, although I hope this doesn't happen to anyone.

I'd also suggest re-titling the thread to something like "Insurance a deuce with a DUI", since that's what I'd search for if I were in the same boat.

Hope something in my post can help someone.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either get back on topic, or the thread disappears.

Scrapman, stop . I think he is learning some of the "other" penalties of his conviction right now(can't get insurance and people judging him).

Live and learn... Thank goodness he was only ticketed and there were no personal injuries.

Hopefully, he will never do it again(but that is not a topic that needs to be discusses here on SS).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks